Followers

Monday 17 February 2020

…a diamond in the rough


Sharing a card for one of my staff featuring the Galaxy Galore Background stamp from Whimsy Stamps and an image from the Magical Nights Messages from Hero Arts.


The layout of my card follows the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch.  To form the large and small rectangle elements I cut a mask out of some scrap paper and placed this over my cardstock.  I then inked up the Galaxy Galore Background stamp with VersaMark ink then sprinkled over my gold embossing powder.

To form the scalloped element I then embossed one of the diamonds from the Hero Arts’ Magical Nights Messages and fussy cut it, popping it up on a foam dot.  I did the same for one of the other diamond shapes only this time I stamped out two images and fussy cut right down to the centre shape in the diamond to create smaller shapes.

I went with all these tiny images so I could play along at Less is More for their more but still less, well, OK CAS but same same, OK so I like the contradictory sound of more but less better!  For interest I went with a gold on black colour scheme so my ‘white space’ required for it to be CAS is actually black because white space doesn’t literally mean white and hey, we’re going with opposites here (more as less etc, you get my drift, right?!).

I kept my embellies real simple and combined it with my sentiment, using one of Tim’s Small Talk stickers matted on more of his scrummy gold cardstock.  This card is actually to celebrate one of my staff getting promoted into a new team doing a different kind of work so I thought it was appropriate.  And by now you get this card isn’t following the conventional so figures I wouldnt stick a ‘congratulations’ sentiment on it.

Now my decoration is more or less sticking to one corner of the card so I’m entering it at AAA Cards.  I swung the optional twist too with my older stamps I’ve used.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail Gold
Embellishments
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paperie Stickers ~ Small Talk
Inks & Paints etc
Tsukineko Ink ~ VersaMark
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Hero Hues Cardstock ~ Pitch Black
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paperie Kraft-Stock ~ Metallic
Stamps
Challenges
https://aaacards.blogspot.com/2020/02/cas-game-159-one-corner-optional-twist.html

http://casethissketch.blogspot.com/2020/02/case-this-sketch-359.html

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com/2020/02/challenge-413-more-but-still-cas.html

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. The black and gold looks very dramatic and certainly makes for a striking card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gold and black combo!! - Such a precious and elegant card!! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that gold embossing - very striking - and the girl looks like she is looking up into the stars, thinking about what might come next! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these little images in gold on black, so rich looking. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: