Followers

Sunday 5 April 2020

…a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world


Sharing a CAS card featuring the lovely Majestic Peony stamp from Gina K Designs.


This card is going out to a friend whose favourite colour is yellow, which made for a beautiful and bright card.  Featuring this gorgeous flower and in the bright colours my card fits the Spring fling theme over at the Gina K Monthly Mix challenge so I am linking it up there.

For the layout of my card I’ve used the current sketch at Atlantic Hearts.  My flower is the main element and I’ve added in my sentiment embossed on a piece of black cardstock.  I think the black makes a good contrast against the bright yellow of the card.

For the three small circle elements I’ve gone with some pearls to play along at As You Like It.  In a choice between buttons or pearls I am definitely a pearl girl.  I do have some buttons in my stash, I tend to like the cute shaped ones more than regular old buttons you’d find on clothes but they tend to sit in my stash not doing much.  I’ve got way more pearls in my stash, the stick-on kind as well as pearl trims.  I do love them for a touch of elegance to a card and you can keep it quite CAS like this card and just add a few or go all out on a fussy and fancy card.  So, it’s definitely pearls for me.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail White
Embellishments
Queen & Co Pearls ~ Sunflower Yellow
Inks & Paints etc
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Water Colours ~ No. 40 Lemon Yellow, No. 43 Mid Yellow, No. 51 May Green, No. 52 Ocean Green, No. 58 Ever Green
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Fourz Cardstock ~ Pollen
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ Raven
Bellbird Paperarts Cardstock ~ 300gsm Cotton Blend
Hero Arts Hues Cardstock ~ Pitch Black
Stamps
Challenges
http://atlanticheartschallenge.blogspot.com/2020/03/sketch-362.html


Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful card.Thansk for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! I love that you filled the whole panel element in the sketch with the floral images. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and great use of our sketch. Love it! Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, and lovely use of the pearls
    Thanks for joining in the AYLI challenge
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so bright and beautiful. Thank you for joining the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow So Beautiful a scary colour to use yellow but you have totally mastered it. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my favorite stamp sets and it's so striking in Yellow! It's totally screaming Spring to me and love it it! Thank you for playing along with us for the Gina K Designs April Challenge. Hugs! - Mindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: