Followers

Tuesday 14 April 2020

Nobody has ever before asked the nuclear family to live all by itself in a box…


Sharing a QCAS card featuring one of the sentiments from the It’s Going to be Okay set by Picket Fence Studios and a butterfly from the Butterflies set by Darkroom Door.


This card is going out to a friend and colleague who is finding social distancing at home with her parents, husband and two young kids a bit fraying on everyone’s nerves.  The inside note references the drink I’ve promised to take her for as soon as social distancing rules are lifted.

The layout of my card is from the sketch at AAA Cards and I’ve used a butterfly so I could also play the optional twist of it flies.  My sentiment is embossed and the butterfly was done by spritzing the stamp with water after inking to give a watercolour effect.  I added in some sparkle (hard to see in the pic) to the detail on the butterfly’s wing given it’s all the one colour.

And I’ve stuck with the one colour so I could also play along at CAS on Friday for their black, white and one colour challenge; my one colour being blue.  I added in a few tiny blue gems because I’ve kinda fallen into following Kristina Werner’s capsule crafting, basically all this social isolation stuff has made incredibly lazy so I’m using whatever is left on my craft table and these gems haven’t moved off since I made the first card with them a few weeks back!

As I’ve added a butterfly to my card, I’m also linking it up at Addicted to CAS for their current animal themed challenge.

All the challenges I’m entering are CAS themed and you don’t get more CAS than this card or quick either.  If I’d skipped out the layering of cardstock (I couldn’t though because I love the weight it adds that screams handmade card to me!) and embossing this would be a matter of minutes card.  As it is, if it took me 10 minutes it was only because my ATG ran out midway.  And you can’t get better than that for a mid-week craft session especially when the result is pretty striking (if I do say so myself) and I know will brighten the day of the recipient.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail Clear
Embellishments
PortaCraft 2mm Rhinestones ~ Blue
Inks & Paints etc
Gina K Designs Ink ~ Amalgam
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Broken China & Salty Ocean
Uniquely Creative Glitter Brush Pen ~ Clear
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Black
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Island Breeze
Bellbird Paperarts Cardstock ~ 300gsm Cotton Blend
Stamps
Challenges
https://aaacards.blogspot.com/2020/04/cas-game-163-sketch-optional-twist-it.html


http://addictedtocas.blogspot.com/2020/04/challenge-183-animal.html


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. A pretty card and lovely sentiment - I'm sure your friend will appreciate it.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sentiment on a lovely card!. love the pop of blue. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant use of the sketch and I love the pretty blue butterfly. And it will be OK eventually! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay home and craft instead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: