Followers

Monday 7 January 2013

Simple Elegance

Today was my first day back at work and when I checked my diary I discovered that tomorrow is one of my staff’s birthdays.  Unfortunately I didn’t have a lot of time to make a card tonight so this is what I came up with.


I started with the image from Graphic 45’s Ladies’ Diary collection, which I thought was lovely and elegant.  The green patterned cardstock came in my Webster’s Pages’ warehouse sale box and matched nicely.  I wanted some lace but I didn’t have any in cream so went with the black velvet ribbon, I think it was from last year’s Webster’s Pages’ warehouse box.  The crocheted flower was bought from an Etsy store and added a nice dimensional element.

The green cardstock was double sized so I didn’t have to mat both sides of the inside.  I still need to practice my distressing, I tried the first side of the cream cardstock with a sponge dauber but didn’t like the effect so switched to the Ranger ink blending tool but it still looks a bit messy.  To keep with the vintage look I used Tea Dye distress ink on the edges and Walnut Stain for the sentiment, which is a CTMH stamp.


So a simple card but I think it turned out elegantly.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my card, please leave a comment, I’d love to hear your thoughts :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: