Followers

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Groovy baby!


I haven’t posted anything for over a month, I’ve been busy doing my first ever swap – the Simply Betty Secret Pumpkin Exchange – and the Created from Color Basic Class for colouring with Copics.

So here’s a card I made putting my new colouring skills to the test.




My friend is turning 40 on Friday and she had a 70’s themed party last weekend.  I thought this digi image looked a bit 70’s, she's called Emerald and she’s by an artist named Sureya.  I coloured her a strawberry blonde with blue eyes, just like the birthday girl.  I need to practice more to have the highlights in her hair level on both sides but overall I’m very happy with the way she turned out.  I also need to get into the habit of recording the colours I use so I can recreate combinations I like.  One of the instructors, Kristy, has a great tut for a swatchbook on her Odd Girl blog and that will be one of my next projects.

While it was fun to colour her it wasn’t so much fun cutting her out!

I used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss the orange background and Smooch to add the other colours.  The green flowered background paper is from the Jillibean Soup Blossom Soup mini pad.

My friend loved the card which, let’s face it, is why we spend so much time crafting.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. OMG Elizabeth she is awesome, your coloring is fantastic, I love the hair which is one of the things with Melissa's coloring I always admired. I think I am going to have to take that class!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: