Followers

Tuesday 14 January 2014

…than by all the conjectures and descriptions in the world



I’ve got another one of my awesome Simply Steampunk Challenges teamies Steampunked by Betty to show you today, this one is Louise.


This picture shows the card as it actually stands (colours arent so good though as this ones from the iPad).


 
The thing about stamps is that you can often interpret them in different ways, Louise was drawn by Betty with a big gun but to me it looked more like an old-fashioned parchment holder, the sort you’d put a map in.  And with those goggles on her head, well, she just had to be an aviatrix, of the hot air balloon variety.  So out came that great chippie from my huge Twiddleybitz stash and serendipitously I found some Tim Holtz compass coins in my stash when looking for a stamp block to do the border stamping.  This is how bad my memory and stash are organised, I’d completely forgotten about those compass coins, they were in an unopened packet but they were just perfect for my card.

I thought a tent fold card would be perfect for showing off my image and chippie; I followed two tuts to make this one, Beate Johns’ one on Splitcoast Stampers and another by Elaine of Crafticious, who did the twist of having a step outside.  I’ve also used a few of different techniques on my card, I’ve stamped a border to the brown paper using Walnut Stain Distress Ink, on the right side I added some mica for added shine and interest, I’ve also embossed the circle frame and distressed the paper parchment I made for the sentiment.  While Steampunk Louise comes with a sentiment it is more suited to the image with a gun so I went googling for hot air balloon related quotes and found this one by a motivational speaker.  I don’t usually go in for that stuff but the quote was just perfect.  Being a Steampunk themed card I had to go for gears instead of clouds in the sky for the background.

Over at SanDee&amelie’s Steampunk Challenge they’ve got a use your new stash challenge going on.  It’s not really a stash item but a tool but the Papertrey Ink die is new for me, it came fresh out of the packet for its first ever use on this card, perfect with its starry sprinkling I thought.  Just in case you head off to buy it though, I must warn you it is two layers only, the third layer of Antique Linen cardstock was hand cut by me to match the rest of the card.

Still in the using your stash theme, Our Creative Corner has a no more shopping sins’ challenge going where you need to get out a hoarded item and use it on your card.  My chippie definitely qualifies for that, if I’d had more that matched I’d have added them to this card because I seriously have a whole box of Twiddleybitz, see, not just any old chippies; I am an exclusive chippie hoarder.  I bought heaps at a local paper crafting show where I first discovered Twiddleybitz, then more when my LSS started stocking it and I’ve used next to none.  I keep saving them as they are all so beautiful but this was the perfect card to use at least one of them on, now I think I need to go buy a replacement…

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (cheeks E02)
Eyes B000, N2
Lips R29, R37, R46
Hair E08, E18, E93, E95
Outfit B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
Goggles B26, B28, B29, E31, E33, E35
Map Holder E31, E33, E35
Dies & SVGs etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities – Grand Circles
Embellishments
Gears from stash
Tim Holtz Idea-ology – Compass Coins, Game Spinners & Timepieces
Inks, Paints & Powders etc
Mica – Aged Gold
Ranger Embossing Powder – Copper
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Antique Linen & Walnut Stain
Viva Décor Inka-Gold – Cobalt Blue
Papers
Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells Patterns & Solids
Papermania Chronology – Blue Gears

Ribbons & Trims etc

Jute Cord from stash
Stamps
Papermania Urban Stamps – Looking Glasses
Simply B Stamps Steampunk – Steampunk Louise
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you used that gorgeous stamp and turned the gun into a parchment holder! She obviously is an aviatrix! Oh, yes!

    LOve the colouring too! An awesome steampunk make!

    Thank you for sharing it with the team over at SanDee&amelie's STeampunk Challenges AND over at OurCreativeCorner!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, your stamp is so funny ! thank you for your participation at Sandee & Amelie steampunk challenges
    Coutureuse

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful creation, I just love that fabulous hot air balloon and the sentiment is just perfect. Thanks so much for joining us this month at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: