Followers

Saturday 4 February 2017

…that it kisses them so gently


It’s another boiling hot day here so I decided to cool myself down by making a winter scene card featuring a stamp from the Reindeer Flight set by Tim Holtz and one of his Woodlands dies.


This card started out from the theme at Merry Monday of having five of something on your card and my new stamp set that arrived yesterday, Reindeer Flight, which featured a stand of four trees.  I thought a Woodlands die cut would match and enable me to sneak in my shaker element.  Over at Jingle Belles and Weekly Christmas Card they are both looking for snow or snowflakes on your card.  So I just knew I wanted a wintery scene, especially as I needed to think cool thoughts in all this heat here (38°C here today and going for 41 tomorrow!).

I started by stamping my trees in black and then adding a second layer, slightly offset, in embossing ink.  I used Frosted Crystal Antiquities embossing powder and after I sponged on my blue ink I was left with a lovely soft snow like layer of white on the tress.  Then I got brave and die cut my tree, using the negative space for my shaker and inking the die cut with black before putting it back into the negative space.  For added snow I dabbed on Aleene’s True Snow on the die cut tree and around the base of the card.  I was going for some perspective with the texture on the larger die cut set in the middle and toward the bottom to make it look like the other stamped trees are further off in the distance.  I stamped on my sentiment and then filled my shaker with some snow flake shaker elements with a background of green alcohol ink.

My background sponging can use some work to eliminate the harsh edges but otherwise I am really pleased with how this card turned out.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Powder ~ Clear & Frosted Crystal Antiquities
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlits Die ~ 660978 Woodlands
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Embossing & Tattered Rose
Papers
Couture Creations  A4 Acetate
Curious Metallics Iridescent Cardstock ~ Cryogen White
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Tempting Turquoise
Stamps
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection ~ CMS052 Reindeer Flight
Stampin’ Up! ~ Snow Swirled (sentiment)
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful winter scene you've created here with the snow on the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely, it looks as though it's been hand painted on canvas.
    pjs-projects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely winter trees ... thanks for rollin' in the snow with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely card! Didn't even realize it was a shaker card till I read your post and then had to go back for a closer look...BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 5 trees are perfect for our challenge. Great idea! Thanks for playing Merry Monday with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an incredibly lovely & totally elegant holiday card! i love the beautiful winter scene you've created! (tho... it is actually COLD HERE in the northeastern US... thankfully we don't have REAL snow just now, tho!) thanks very much for joining our FLAKY fun at JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. Thanks for playing along with Christmas Card Challenges. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: