Followers

Thursday 27 April 2017

devoted and obedient


I’m sharing a card today featuring a fun image from Jade Dragonne called Mad Nurse.

To make up my card I’ve followed the current sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch.  Thanks to me printing off the image three times on three different papers and trying three different mediums to colour it I have just got in under the wire for their challenge.  I’ve created my thin rectangular element with my digi (I did slightly distort it in Photoshop to get the proportions I needed, the original being not quite so thin faced) and my sentiment, which was computer generated.  I then added in the horizontal element (the sentiment in the sketch) with my fab new die from SugarPea Designs.

To fit with the CAS nature of CAS(E) this Sketch and the current theme at Always Fun challenges I have left this card deliberately CAS.  This included going with my monochromatic colour scheme and a pop of red for the traditional medical colours of red and white and the teeniest bit of highlighting in other colours on the cyanide and her eyes.

I’m also entering this in the current challenge over at CASology where the theme is season.  I’ve got two seasonal connections with this card, here in Australia it is graduation season, drive past any university and you’ll see crowds of capped and gowned people and beaming parents with cameras.  It’s also heading in to flu season, this image is a scene being played out regularly at work at the moment as the annual flu vaccinations have started to be doled out.  Have to say though, I’ve had more fun colouring her up than I’ve ever had facing a similar image in real life!
Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Reinkers ~ Black Soot, Broken China, Gathered Twigs, Hickory Smoke & Old Paper
Tsukineko ~ VersaMarker
Papers
Mondi Color Copy ~ 200gsm White
Stamps
Challenges

CASology #246 ~ SEASON 

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I love the horizontal element - just perfect. Thanks for joining us at Always Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet image! I love the simple color scheme on this!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: