Followers

Saturday 2 December 2017

…stars, flowers and children



I’m sharing a CAS card featuring the My Baby Shower image from All Dressed Up.


To make up my card I followed the sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch, I just flipped it upside down.  I couldn’t fit my chippies all on the same side of the image so I did split my sentiment above and below the linear element.

I love adding clear embossing powder over the Make it Crafty chippie words (which are just awesome by the way!).  Doing so has also meant I can play along at Crafter’s Café for their embossing challenge.  I had toyed with printing the image on vellum and embossing it also but decided to stick with some water colouring instead.

As I made this card for a colleague to welcome his new little boy into the world I am also entering it into the current challenge at Crafty Friends, where they are looking for projects for babies or children.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Water Colors ~ No 10 White, No 34 Dark Pink, No 46 Brown, No 47 Dark Brown & No 95 Silver
Tim Holtz Distress Markers ~ Blueprint Sketch & Tumbled Glass
Papers
Arches Watercolor Paper ~ 185gsm Smooth
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Baby Blue Medium
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and fun! I love how you flipped the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Embossing" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Crafter's Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining the challenge at Crafty Friends, your card is lovely.
    Diane Louise
    Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: