Followers

Monday 30 July 2018

About to bloom


Sharing a different kind of craft today, a teacup posy featuring a bunch of foamiran peonies I made.


I made this as a gift for a friend for her birthday.  I wasn’t sure what kind of flowers to make, just knew I wanted to make a posy of foamiran flowers but the photo inspiration at Just Us Girls looked like a peony and I had a tutorial bookmarked for foamiran peonies so went with them.  I hand cut all of the flowers and leaves, I just made myself a template from acetate, as I didn’t have any dies.  Each one is also individually coloured to give the flowers a tone toned and more realistic look.  It all took the better part of Sunday but I think it was worth it as they are really pretty and realistic to look at.

Over at Southern Girls they’re looking for flower projects so I am linking up my posy there.  At Always Fun they want to see anything but a card so am also entering their challenge with my very non-card creation.

Ingredients:
Flower making elements
Nellie Snellen ~ Foamiran & Yellow Stamens
Inks & Paints etc
Oil Pastels
Challenges
http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/2018/07/just-us-girls-451-photo-week.html


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I don't even know what to say! First these are handmade, then you say they are colored as well! WOW!! They look like a photo from an expensive magazine! So much talent!!! So happy you joined us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, I want it!!! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @AFC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Always Fun Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your flowers are AMAZING!! Vup of beautiful for sure. Thanks for joining in at JUGS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: