Followers

Sunday 25 November 2018

…holds one in its net of wonder forever


Sharing a CAS card featuring the sweet Water World image from A Day for Daisies.


I needed a card for a colleague’s birthday and wasn’t really sure what I was going to do for it so looked around at some challenges for inspiration.  The fantasy theme over at Happy Little Stampers for their CAS challenge got me thinking about this new image I got from A Day for Daisies of the pretty mermaid.

To make up my card I’ve used the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I made the square element bigger and shrunk the any shape element.  For the small rectangular element, I added a chippie from Make it Crafty, which I covered in loads of embossing powder.  Rummaged through my embellie drawer and found this old Prima resin shell that worked well for the any shape element.

For a bit of added interest, I thought I’d play along at The Paper Girls and turn the square element into a shaker.  But then thought rather than try and fussy cut the image to add over the top I would print her on some vellum and heat emboss.  I then water coloured the mermaid with Distress Inks before adding in some Little Things from Lucy’s Cards’ sequins and backed with some wave designer paper.  Love how the vellum creates a really soft and subtle shaker and makes the whole thing look a bit underwater.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail Silver
Embellishments
Little Things from Lucy’s Cards Shaker Selection ~ Nautical Sparkle
Make it Crafty Single Layered Word ~ 2" Wishes
Prima Ingvild Bolme Shabby Chic Treasures Collection Resin Embellishments ~ Seashells
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Fossilized Amber, Ripe Persimmon, Scattered Straw, Spun Sugar & Tea Dye
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Intense Teal
Crafter’s Companion ~ Printable Vellum
Fancy Pants Down by the Shore ~ Wave Rider
Pion Design Palette ~ Grey I
Stamps
Challenges
http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/2018/11/freshly-made-sketches-364-sketch-by-kim.html
https://happylittlestampers.blogspot.com/2018/11/hls-november-cas-challenge.html


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful use of the sketch - and you perfectly captured the fantasy theme of the other challenge. I love the soft and magical look of the shaker elements behind the vellum. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: