Followers

Tuesday 27 November 2018

…I hesitate to pluck…


Sharing a pretty CAS card I made for friend’s birthday featuring the Peony with Leaves stamp from Paper Rose Studio.


To make up my card I started with the layout using the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch, which I flipped.  I decided to go with some flowing organic lines rather than straight ones so cut my top layer of cardstock with one of the dies in my new Mama Elephant Borderlines Trio set.  To create the stripe element, I stuck some washi tape to a bit of scrap cardstock and die cut it twice with the same die.  I used washi tape so I could play along in the current challenge at CAS on Friday.

I stamped my image onto watercolour paper and heat embossed it in silver and then coloured it up in shades of pink to match the designer paper on my card.  I fussy cut the image and popped it up on some foam squares for a touch of dimension.  To finish off I added a trio of silver sequins.

As I’ve kept my card CAS, I’m also entering it over at Creative Friday for their current clean and simple challenge.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail Silver
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Mama Elephant Dies ~ CC-039 Borderlines Trio
Embellishments
Silver Sequins from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar & Twisted Citron
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Fig Swirl
Close To My Heart Cardstock ~ Ballerina
Echo Park Alice in Wonderland ~ Always Curious
Stamps
Paper Rose Studio ~ 17223 Peony with Leaves (retired)
Ribbons & Trims etc
Silver Washi Tape from stash
Challenges
http://casethissketch.blogspot.com/2018/11/case-this-sketch-298.html

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. lovely card! Thanks for joining us at creative friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: