Followers

Friday 28 June 2019

…that take time to count up past mercies


Sharing another card featuring a new stamp, Pretty Peonies Background, from Simon Says Stamp!.


Over at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge they want to see thank you cards.  Luckily I needed a few so I could play along with this pretty floral one.  The thank you sentiment on it is from Uniquely Creative and their All Occasions stamp set.

My colour palette comes from Color Throwdown.  I picked up the orange in my flowers, including the resin embellie one.  The blue is in the background to my watercolour panel and one layer of my mats.  Finally, the grey comes in my mats and also in my embossing powder.

The layout is from the current sketch at The Paper Players.  I decided to set the middle panel into the background and added the plain mats over the top, popping them up on foam tape.  Love the depth and way it frames the pretty flowers.  I was going to keep this super CAS but ended up adding the resin flower embellie as the sentiment panel looked a bit bare.  I’ve had these resin flowers in my stash since the dawn of crafting so it was good to finally use one.  A touch of alcohol ink ensured it was the perfect colour for my card and I think it matches the stamped peonies beautifully.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail Silver
Embellishments
Resin flower from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink ~ Peach Bellini
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Chipped Sapphire, Dried Marigold, & Twisted Citron
Tsukineko ~ VersaMark
Papers
Arches Watercolour Paper
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Criss Cross Cardstock ~ Lily White
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Stormy Medium
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Night of Navy
Stamps
Challenges
https://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/2019/06/color-throwdown-549.html
https://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/06/challenge-519-27th-of-june-thank-you.html

http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/2019/06/pp447-sketch-challenge-from-jaydee.html

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Emily! I love that little floral accent, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those peonies are gorgeous! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers. Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge - Debbie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty panel, I love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A BEAUTIFUL FLORAL CARD LOVE THE LAYOUT. thank you for joining in at the CRAFT Challenge Meg GD.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: