Followers

Wednesday 10 July 2019

…blessed with the sweet spirit of Heaven


Sharing a super CAS card featuring a lovely stamp from Stamping Bella called Edna’s Cup of Tea.


Now over at Addicted to CAS Challenge their current prompt is heat, which led me to this stamp as I just can’t image a cup of tea that isn’t hot.  And Edna sure does look content in her hot tea bath!

There’s nothing much else on my card except for the tiny sentiment so I could also play along at AAA Cards where they are going max with the white space.  It’s hard to lay off the embellies of all kinds and the fancy die cuts etc but a card with nothing but a stamped image on it sure does bring attention to that stamped image.  For a change I’m actually quite happy with my watercolouring – phew! – and a touch of sparkle on Edna’s wings brought a little bit of fancy without any fuss.

For the colour scheme I’ve used the palette over at TGIF.  I used the actual spankin’ new Stampin’ Up! colour for the pink (Rococo Rose), which I mixed with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink.  The Stampin' Up! inks don’t watercolour well so I used Faded Jeans for the teacup but stamped the sentiment in the Seaside Spray from Stampin’ Up!.  I also used the Stampin’ Up! purple (Purple Posy) cardstock, they don’t have it in the inks (go figure!).

Ingredients:
Inks & Paints etc
Atyou Spica Glitter Pen ~ Lilac
Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Pad ~ Rococo Rose & Seaside Spray
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Faded Jeans, Ground Espresso, Milled Lavender, Mowed Lawn, Spun Sugar, Twisted Citron & Worn Lipstick
Wink of Stellar Glitter Pen ~ Clear
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bellbird Paperarts ~ Cotton Blend Card
Stampin’ Up! ~ Purple Posy
Stamps
Challenges
https://aaacards.blogspot.com/2019/07/cas-game-144-maxi-white-space-optional.html

http://addictedtocas.blogspot.com/2019/07/addicted-to-cas-challenge-163-heat.html

https://tgifchallenges.blogspot.com/2019/07/tgifc219-color-challenge.html

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. That's a very cute stamped, layout and colored card. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card and image! Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a sweet little image and so beautifully coloured. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. This card would also fit the For The Girls Challenge at AAA Birthday too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little Edna is so cute and I LOVE your pretty blue teacup, Emily! Such a darling birthday card...Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute image -- nice coloring too. Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, tea has to be served warm... no cold tea for me! Little Edna looks fabulous in her lovely blue teacup. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. So So Sweet. Your CAS Cards look Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: