Followers

Saturday 5 October 2019

…for that is all there is of you


Sharing a card featuring a section of the Darkroom Door Butterflies stamp and a couple of sentiments from the You Got This set by Pinkfresh Studio.

I’ve gone to town with my mats to layer up big so I could play along at Creative Knockouts and basically because I love lots of layers.


They’re asking at As You Like It whether you are a CAS or FAF crafter.  Although it’s layered up my card is fairly CAS, which is the style I tend to do the most now.  I used to be a FAF kind of girl with a real grungy vibe but for a while now I just haven’t been into.  I try to filly and fancy up but it just never seems to get there or I give up trying to find embellies to suit, which means I have drawers of embellies and lace and ribbons everywhere.  And don’t let’s get started on all the designer paper that’s just collecting dust!  There’s just something about the look of all that clean white or single colour cardstock, highlighting a main image or element that does it to me.  So I’m a CAS girl and that’s why.

All my layered colours are from the palette at CAS Colours & Sketches.  I did up my alcohol ink background in the closest match to the Stampin’ Up! Rococo Rose and Smoky Slate.  I added in a bit more smoky slaty goodness with my embossing powder on the butterflies before stamping the sentiment in Mint Macaron.

This is also my DT card for our October challenge at Bizzy Bec’s, where the theme is always anything goes.  We’d love to see your creations over there and you could win five digis of your choice just by linking up your latest creation.
Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Bellbird Paperarts Embossing Powder ~ Ultra Fine Platinum
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail Clear
Inks & Paints etc
Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Pad ~ Mint Macaron
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink ~ Raisin & Slate
Tsukineko ~VersaMark
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bellbird Paperarts Card ~ 210gsm Cotton Blend
Ranger Card ~ Alcohol Ink
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Mint Macaron, Rococo Rose & Smoky Slate
Stamps
http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2019/10/challenge-341-colors.html



Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card! Your alcohol ink background is wonderful! Thank you for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful background. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering the AYLI challenge with your beautiful card, there seems to be quite a lot of us that have given up frilly and fancy!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: