Followers

Friday 15 November 2019

…may alight upon you


Sharing a QCAS card featuring one of the pretty images from the Butterfly set by Darkroom Door and a sentiment from the Dare to Dream set by Hero Arts.


My colour scheme comes from the current palette at Color Throwdown.  I’ve used each of the three colours in my mats and then the two purple shades for my sentiment and butterfly with the green coming in again with my embellies.

For my layout I’ve followed the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  My butterfly is the circle element, the thin rectangle my sentiment and the larger rectangle hinted at with my embellies.  The sketch worked well for a CAS card and allowed me to also play along at AAA Cards where they looking for cards that feature only one image.  You can go an optional twist of shimmer, which I have some of in the clear embossing powder over my sentiment and embellies.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail Clear
Embellishments
Queen & Co Rhinestones ~ Grass Green
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Dusty Concord & Milled Lavender
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Close To My Heart Cardstock ~ White Daisy
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green & Purple Posey
Stamps
Challenges
https://aaacards.blogspot.com/2019/11/cas-game-153-one-image-optional-twist.html

https://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/2019/11/color-throwdown-569.html

https://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/2019/11/freshly-made-sketches-411-sketch-by-kim.html

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. So pretty and soft! I love the play of your bold sentiment over the light image of the butterfly. Thank you for playing with us at AAA Cards ~ Hugs Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely soft take on the throwdown colors! So glad you were able to play along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty with the contrasting light and dark colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you used the sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely CAS card! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The subtle image with the bold sentiment is very effective! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card! Love that butterfly and those gorgeous rhinestones! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: