Followers

Monday 2 December 2019

So bright it makes you colour blind…


Sharing a QCAS card featuring some of the stamps from the Magical Nights Messages set by Hero Arts.


I’ve gone with a basic colour scheme of black and white with a pop of gold so I could play along at CAS on Friday in their black, white and one colour challenge.  To tie the stamped images with the shiny gold of my cardstock, I’ve embossed everything, including a clear coat over my black sentiment and diamond.  The sentiment is also from the same stamp set, I just inked it out differently, it’s actually three tiered if you stamp it as it is straight from the packet.  Doing it this way helped it fit in with my sketch better as well as allowing me to ink up the ‘bright’ in gold.

The layout of my card is from Cécile’s sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I used the magic dust stamp from the set to make the squiggly line then subbed the stars for one of the diamond stamps and a couple of black gems.  For such a simple sketch it really produced a striking card.

As I’ve gone CAS and layered up with solid mats, I am also entering my card at Crafty Cardmakers where they’re going no patterned paper.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail Clear & Detail Gold
Embellishments
Queen & Co Rhinestones ~ Nightfall
Inks & Paints etc
Gina K Designs Ink ~ Amalgam
Tsukineko Ink ~ VersaMark
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Black
Close To My Heart Cardstock ~ White Daisy
Core’dinations Kraft Core Tim Holtz Metallic Cardstock ~ Gold
Stamps
Challenges
https://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/2019/11/freshly-made-sketches-413-sketch-by.html

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is really fun! Love your interpretation of the sketch! So glad you joined us this week at FMS! Also, I added your link on the challenge blog. Thanks for leaving us a note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Emily. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: