Followers

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Autumn days


I love the colours of a northern autumn and I love Simply Betty Stamps so I couldn’t resist a chance to put the two together.   This is Ali and Snuggles and I coloured them both with my Copics.  I actually remembered to keep track of all the colours I used, here they all are.



ALI
Hair YR16, E37, E55, E57
Skin E00, E02, E08, E11, E13
Top Y00, Y02, Y06, Y08, Y15 (added using tip-to-tip blending)
Skirt R22, R24, R37, R59, R89
Leggings YR00, YR02, YR04, YR07, R22, R24, R37, R59
Shoes R22, R24, R37, R59, colourless blender and Inkssentials Opaque White pen for the whites
Bracelet YR21 and YR28 using tip-to-tip blending
SNUGGLES
Feathers E50, E51, E53, E55
Beak E11, E13

I wanted Ali to be in Autumn colours but really bright to stand out from the muted background, which is from a CTMH retired paper pack called Dreamin’.  To help Ali pop off the page I used two layers of Zots to adhere her.  I’ve mixed up all my papers but I think the orange cardstock came from the same pack.  I used a piece of it for the stripe and used Tsukineko Brilliance Cosmic Copper to add some sparkle and change the shade.  I think the brown piece over the top is also from the same pack, they all work together really well so I figure they must be.  The co-ordination is one of the things I love about the CTMH packs.

The leaves are a Creative Memories punch, I just used regular cardstock and then used Smooch Siren and and Molasses and Perfect Pearls Antique Gold to colour them.  I finished with a layer of Liquid Glass to give them a lovely glossy look.  I adhered them flat and then used Zots to make the label with the sentiment pop out.  The label is a Nestability and the sentiment is from the CTMH Backdrop – Charmed set, stamped with the Cosmic Copper on a bit of scrap orange paper I had.  I used the Molasses Smooch to outline the embossed edge of the label and Liquid Glass again to add some shine.

I also did the inside of the card to match.  This is something I’m going to try and do more of to make my cards extra special.  I used another CTMH stamp inside, from the Words of Comfort set stamped with Ranger Coffee ink.  I thought the sentiment matches the image of Ali and Snuggles really well.  I also added a couple more of the leaves.

 






I’m entering this card over at the Simply Challenged Challenges Fall / School Inspired challenge.

Edit – Wow I got a top three for this card!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Elizabeth she is wonderful. I love the brightness of her hair, your coloring is awesome. Can't wait to see that before and after picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: