Followers

Sunday 9 December 2012

Fluky Flapper



My fluky flapper is 1920s Gwen from Some Odd Girl.  Why fluky?  Because in 20’s slang fluky meant odd!




She’s coloured with the following Copics:
Skin E000, E00, E11, E13 R20 (lips), E93 (cheeks)
Hair E30, E31, E33, E35
Eyes E21, E23
Skirt, shoes and ties B93, B95, B97
Hat and shirt C1, C3, colourless blender

I’m loving digi stamps, which this Gwen is, as you can resize them and also flip them if you want.  I did for this one so Gwen would be facing the right way for the sketch, I also made her quite small (the card is an A2), which was a challenge when it came to colouring.

I followed the sketch at the December SOG Sketch Challenge to create this card, which I’m giving to a colleague for her birthday.  The background paper is from an old Stampin’ Up collection (I think).  The square that Gwen is on is from a CTMH pack, I ran it through my Cuttlebug using one of the folders from the Art Deco set.

I wanted to use lace instead of paper for the banners in the sketch but that left me with the problem of how to make the ends nice.  For the cream one it was easy as I could just cut around the pattern in the lace but the brown one ended up just looking funny when I tried to cut a ‘V’ at the end.  So I added a brad, which became my focal point to add some pearls.

The sentiment tag is a Nestie, I inked around it with Ranger Coffee ink and then went over that with some Pebbles metallic chalk, I also used that to cover the extra ink I got on the tag when I stamped my sentiment.  It’s from Stampin’ Up and I used the same Coffee ink for it.  I didn’t have the right sized brads to use on the tag so I just added some more pearls.  It’s hard to tell in the picture but they are a darker brown, like chocolate, while the ones in line with the brad are a champagne colour.

I also did the inside of the card, more of the same background paper to match and a smaller brad and pearls.  The sentiment is something I made up and printed before adding it to the card.


I’m going to link this up at the SOG challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable card!! Love the distressed look with her and the inside sentiment is cute, too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: