Followers

Monday 28 July 2014

Seven, eight, lay them straight


I’ve got another double layout from my baby book to share today, this one features
the sweet Baby Doll Betty from the Baby Teen Scene collection at Simply B Stamps.


Brings back memories of your own little dolly when you were a girl, doesn’t she?  This layout is for recording all of baby’s favourite things so I’ve gone with embellies that are all about toys.  Baby Doll Betty was also therefore the perfect image to fit the page theme.  I made the baby blocks title myself with shrink film.

To make up the layout I followed the sketch over at Sketchy Colours, which I flipped on its side, and where the challenge was also to use white and one other colour.  My other colour is pink although I know there is some purple on the page too, there wasn’t a pink rattle button in the set I used or any other toy button I could use to even up my embellies.  There’s also some brown on the rocking horse button, again there was only one white one in the pack and of course my picture features skin tone and I added in some purple to match up with the embellies.  So I guess I haven’t really nailed the challenge, it was, well, a real challenge finding enough embellies to suit!

I did get the theme right for ABC Challenges as I have a whole string of lovely pink pearls on this page so I am entering this over there.  I am also entering my layout in the current challenge at Just Inspirational as I have the requisite three or more layers.

This is the penultimate layout I have to share, I’ll have the last one done up tomorrow.  If you’re interested you can see the cover of the book at this post, the first page here, the last page here, a double layout at this post, another layout here and another at this post.

Ingredients:
Copics 
Skin E21, E30, E33 (R20 cheeks)
Hair T4, T6, T8, 100
Outfit RV10, RV11, RV32, V000, V01, V12
Dolly E21, E30, RV10, RV11, RV32, V000, V01, V12, 0
Embellishments
Shrink Film Blocks Title
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Tattered Rose & Tea Dye
Papers
American Crafts Cardstock ~ White
Christina Re Cardstock ~ Shimmer Pink
Lacey Paper from stash
Ribbons & Trims etc
Lace from stash
Stamps
Challenges
 
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This was a wonderful layout! I love it!
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Sketchy Colors. Good luck!
    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: