Followers

Monday 23 March 2015

I love her jewel-sea...



Today I’m sharing another book calendar I’ve made for a friend’s birthday featuring Beach Pretty from Saturated Canary.


I’ve followed the sketch at Dei Sketchtanten to decorate not only the outside, where I’ve flipped the sketch, but also the inside where the awesome image is featured.


This is not just a book calendar but also a holder for notes, the card (my message is on the reverse of the ‘inside’ (back of where the image is located) and holder for the actual gift of the pen.  Pretty nifty, right?  You can find a tutorial to make this book calendar by Clarissa over at the Noor blog although I altered it to make this a 6x6, my favourite card size and so I could use 12x12 cardstock.  As this features notes I am entering it in the current challenge at Fun with Shapes and More.


Now over at Saturated Canary they have a colouring challenge going on featuring the lovely Beach Pretty and her sister image, Beach Ink.  It’s almost over so everyone who wants to vote has probably already voted but I’m still going to enter my book calendar over there as there are three other ways to win and I had heaps of fun colouring this beauty up.  Oh, and as it is a colouring challenge, here’s a close-up of the image, complete with the stray bits of Fran-tage that blew all over it, kinda looks like sand particles, right?!


Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes BG000, BG01, BG02, BG05
Lips R27, R29, R59
Hair E29, E53, E55, E57
Outfit BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78
Earrings Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28
Towel B23, B24, B37, B39, B41
Chalks & Powders etc
Fran-tage Embossing Enamel ~ Shabby Blue
Embellishments
Francheville ~ Hinge Clip
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Tea Dye, Walnut Stain & Weathered Wood
Tim Holtz Distress Paint ~ Broken China
Papers
Bazzill Cardstock ~ Typhoon
Ribbons & Trims etc
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a wonderful work! I like it very much.
    Thanks for joining us at the Sketchtanten Challenge.
    Greetings Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Da hast Du ein ganz bezauberndes Werk kreiert
    Hab ganz lieben Dank für die Teilnahme bei den Sketchtanten
    Liebe Grüße
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Sketchtanten!

    LG Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: