Followers

Sunday 14 June 2015

yesterday did someone steal the cranes?



I have an Asian inspired CAS card to share today I made for a friend’s birthday.


I’ve been meaning to try this perfect pearls embossing technique ever since I found the tutorial by Bex on the Flying Unicorn Forum.  I decided to use it on a chippie rather than a die cut mostly because I have loads of chippies and really need to start using my stash (basically because I have no room to buy any more!). 

To make up my card I’ve followed the current sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch.  As my card is a CAS one I am entering it in the current challenge at Crafty Catz.  As I have flowers and a bird I’m also linking it up at Brown Sugar where their theme is in the garden (although I admit we get the occasional egret but no cranes in our garden).

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Melt Art Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel ~ Black
Perfect Pearl ~ Blue Patina, Forever Violet & Green Patina
Embellishments
Dusty Attic Chipboard ~ Crane #2
Inks & Paints etc
Inkssentials Emboss It ~ Clear
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Aged Mahogany
Tim Holtz Distress Paint ~ Black Soot
Tsukineko Encore! ~ Gold
Papers
Embossed Paper from stash (maybe Christina Re)
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your creativity at CTS!
    Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is beautiful! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely garden card. Thank you for joining us this week at Brown Sugar Challenges. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: