Followers

Monday 31 October 2016

You’re surely not too fresh these days



I’ve got my October tag for the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016 to share today.


Seems fitting to have done up a Hallowe’en themed tag on Hallowe’en itself and a fun way to spend a day off from work.  Although I have Tim’s Monster die I decided to mix this up a bit and use his Zombie die, for the dimensional monster technique, as my tag is going out to a friend who loves zombies.

I used Tim’s Woodgrain Texture Fade to create a rotting flesh like texture to the zombie’s skin.  I coloured my foiled cardstock first with Distress Paints but wasn’t overly happy with the result so then went in with some Distress Crayons and got a much better look.  I particularly like the zombie’s face with the very patchy and uneven colour that works really well for a zombie.

I didn’t have any Hallowe’en ephemera so I made my patchwork collage using pieces cut from Graphic 45 Rare Oddities designer paper.  For my embellies I went with a skull and crossbones I made myself from 2015 and 2016 Boneyard embellies.  To help the two Boneyard pieces match I covered the bones with Crazing Distress Collage Medium and then rubbed in some Black Soot Distress Crayon.  Given zombies are indeed an oddity I used that Word Band and secured the other end with a brad from last year’s Rare Oddities’ set.  Finished off with some Halloween Trimmings for a spooky Hallowe’en tag.

I’m entering my tag in the current Hallowe’en challenge over at Glitter and Sparkle and Country View’s all things spooky challenge.

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Thinlits ~ 660961 Zombie
Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades ~ 656644 Bricked and Woodgrain (Woodgrain used)
Embellishments
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Findings Brads ~ Regions Beyond
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Findings ~ Boneyard 2015 & 2016
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Graphic 45 Rare Oddities ~ Brews and Potions, Cabinet of Curiosities & Frightfully Sweet
Ribbons & Trims etc
Challenges





Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love your spooky piece, definitely fitting for Halloween. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a spooktacular day. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful creepy tag you created! I love all the details you added!
    Thank you for joining in our challenge at Country View Challenges!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: