Followers

Saturday 1 April 2017

No entertainment is so cheap…



My card today features a great image from the I Like Big Books set from SugarPea Designs.


I wasn’t sure what I wanted to put on this card, which I needed to make for a friend’s birthday, so went looking for some inspiration on challenge sites.  Over at CASology the prompt is ‘text’, which got me thinking about books and the fact my friend loves to read.  Rummaging through my stamps I found the I Like Big Books set and the woman even looks a bit like my friend, was crafty serendipity and seemed the perfect excuse to get some ink on this fabby image for the first time.

While I was looking for inspiration I saw the colour combo at Colour Throwdown and loved how it looked on the DT inspiration so I’ve gone with it.  I did up the image in Distress Inks, I’m not the world’s best watercolouring but practice is making better and it is quicker than colouring with Copics for a CAS card.

As I’ve used one of their stamps and made a birthday card I’m also linking this up at SugarPea Designs for their big birthday bash challenge.  Sure hope they bring out more ‘Sugar and Spice’ images as this one was fun to colour up and I love how she’s turned out.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Pad ~ Basic Black & Old Olive
Tim Holtz Distress Reinkers ~ Antique Linen, Blueprint Sketch, Broken China, Bundled Sage, Gathered Twigs, Ground Espresso, Lucky Clover, Hickory Smoke, Mowed Lawn, Old Paper, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Squeezed Lemonade, Tattered Rose, Twisted Citron & Vintage Photo
Twinkling H2Os ~ Egyptian Gold
Papers
Arches Paper ~ Watercolor
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Always Artichoke
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This stamp is so fun and your coloring is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, I have never seen this image before but it is so fun! Great sentiment paired with it, and great way to use the color challenge colors. I love your take on the CASology cue this week...thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect image for your friend. Gorgeous coloring and great combo of challenge. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: