Followers

Tuesday 23 May 2017

…nothing but an enormous drool gland



I’m sharing a fun card featuring a Stamp On It image called Stork.


 No one I know has actually hatched recently, I just made this card so I could play along (again) in Edna’s H is for Hatching, Matching and Dispatching challenge over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.  I had to do a matching and dispatching card already, which I needed, and couldn’t snark on those so I just had to play again with a hatching card and a snarky one at that.

As often is the case with me the planning took longer than the making but that’s all part of the fun of entering challenges, actually being challenged.  Once I’d decided on my snarky theme I went looking for some images and found this stork that just had the perfect expression.  I’m rather proud of the poop image as I drew that up myself in Photoshop.  I really think snark is often just pointing out the truth to someone, so I’ve gone in and said it here, with babies you get love and happiness but you also get a lot of poopy nappies.

Not content with just doing up the front of the card I’ve added in another image inside, this time Geeky Love New Parents from Make It Crafty.  I mean I couldn’t just correct the sentiment without a bit of snark.


Over at Inky Chicks they are looking for baby cards, hopefully they won’t mind the unconventional nature of mine.  The humorous tone of my card also fit perfectly with the current challenge at Creative Knockouts so I’m entering it there too.

Ingredients:
Copics
Parents & Baby Skin E000, E00, E11, E21
Baby Mouth R00, R01, R02, R05
Parents Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, T5, T7, 100
Parents Clothes BV08, RV000, RV00, RV13, RV14, RV17, RV23, V12, V15, V17
Baby Blanket B21, B23, B24, B28
Baby Bottle BG10, R00, R01, R02, R05
Nappy B0000, B00, B02, B04
Stork & Baby B21, B23, B24, B28, B93, B95, B97, B99, E000, E00, E11, E21, N0, N1, N5, N7, N9, R59, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28, YR15, YR18, 0, 100
Poop E34, E35, E57, E79
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Inks & Paints etc
PanPastel ~ Permanent Green Tint
Papers
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Baby Blue
Mondi Color Copy Paper ~ 200gsm White
X-Press It Paper
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Hehehe!!! That's one SNARKY baby card - love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb card! This is great, and many congratulations on the best poop I've seen all day! Thanks for snarking with the Sisterhood, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious! It sums up the true meaning of those early weeks of parenthood. Thanks for joining in again at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the poop is slightly more accurate
    And WAY more funny!!!
    Thanks for hatching, matching & dispatching with the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was reading intently and then wow a pile of poop. Love your card. Thanks for playing along with us at the Sisterhood for the H is for hatching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love a card that speaks snarky truth. :D The stork image is perfect with that sentiment, so nicely done! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww - such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Knockouts challenge Blog.
    April

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so funny! Thanks for joining at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: