Followers

Sunday 17 December 2017

Now the jingle hop has begun



Sharing a fun Christmas card I made for my former manager using the Hop Hop Set from Art Impressions.


There’s four us who used to work for the same manager and although we’ve all moved to different teams we came together for a Christmas lunch at his house and this was the card I made for us to sign.  Being four, I had to do some masking with the stamp to add in an extra woman, which turned out to be way trickier than it should have been!

The layout of my card is from the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I added interest to my otherwise pretty CAS card through layers of plain cardstock and some of the Tim Holtz Deco Sheets.  When it came to the sentiment, there was no way I was going to be able to mask as I needed to for it to be in one line so I decided to print my own.  That also allowed me to alter it slightly to fit with the festive season.

For my colours I’ve used the current palette at Merry Monday, picking up all of the colours in the various outfits and bouncy balls.  To keep this Christmassy though, I’ve used red and green as the base of my card.

As this is a Christmas card and it is for a guy I’m entering it in the current challenge at The Male Room.  Being for a guy I went pretty CAS on it.  The only embellie is a Fluted Star from Tim Holtz, which I added to cover a stray bit of inking (didn’t quite get the masking right!).

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Powder ~ Extra Fine Detail Clear
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Creative Memories Punches ~ Classic Corner Rounder
Embellishments
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Findings ~ Fluted Stars
Inks & Paints etc
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Water Colors ~ No 20 Black, No 30 Cadmium Red, No 34 Dark Pink, No 43 Mid Yellow, No 51 May Green, No 58 Ever Green, No 61 Cornflower Blue, No 64 Blue, No 90 Gold & No 95 Silver
Tim Holtz Distress Reinkers ~ Tea Dye & Vintage Photo
Papers
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Apple Crush
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paperie ~ Deco Sheets Christmas & Holiday
Stamps
Art Impressions ~ 4384 Hop Hop Set
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun card. Love the bouncy group of ladies and how you added the 4th one to make it personal. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fun image makes me smile! And what a great card for the occasion. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this group!! Just such a happy card. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A SUPER card for your Manager, bet he had a laugh at it, great work by you too. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at The Male Room - Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a perfect card for the occasion. I am sure your manager loved it! Thanks for playing along at The Male Room Challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an Awesome Card Fab Image and Great Sentiment. Top Layout too. Mmmmm not sure why I wasn't a follower a bit odd but just added me anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: