Followers

Saturday 10 November 2018

The snow did not even whisper its way to earth…


Sharing my first, and possible only, Christmas card for the year featuring some of the cute stamps from the Holiday Village set by Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps.


I needed to make up this card as it has to get over to Japan before I am uber late again.  And by uber late I mean this one will be going over with last year’s in the same box!  Have been working crazy long hours so bit short of creative ideas but a quick scout around the challenge blogs threw up a wintery theme over at CCC Digi Creations.  Cue my new Holiday Village stamps from Kraftin’ Kimmie and I had my idea.

I created a little water coloured scene with several of the stamps from the set including both trees, the village hall (think it’s a hall it has a clock on its front), picket fence, mailbox, Santa and his reindeer and street light.  I also used one of the sentiments from the set.

At Simply Create Too they’re looking for cards with more than one fold, so I decided to make a gatefold card to enter.  To make it a bit more interesting I did the folds vertical and cut the top of the larger bottom section using my new Snow Capped Mountain die from Mama Elephant.

I wanted to play along at Sparkles Christmas as well so have lots of heat embossing on my card.  My sentiment is heat embossed in the same gold I added a border to the bottom layer of my card with.  The snow capping on the mountains as well as the snow on the ground are also heat embossed, with some lovely sparkly glittery embossing powder.  I also added a layer of clear embossing powder over my silhouette of Santa and his reindeer to deepen the black.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Bellbird Paperarts Embossing Powder ~ Clear Sparkle
Ranger Embossing Powder ~ Super Fine Detail Clear
WOW! Embossing Powder ~ Metallic Gold Rich Pale
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Mama Elephant ~ Snow Capped Mountain
Sizzix Tim Holtz Paper Punch ~ ½" Circle
Inks & Paints etc
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Water Colors ~ No. 10 White, No. 56 Marine Green & No. 58 Ever Green
Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Pad ~ Basic Black
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Black Soot, Blueprint Sketch, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire & Weathered Wood
Tim Holtz Distress Paint ~ Picket Fence
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ Typhoon
Bellbird Paperarts Card ~ Cotton Blend
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, and cute image. Thank you for joining us at CCC Digi Creations. Have a nice day.
    Anneke DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Fab Card and so many beautiful elements here. I hope it makes the post for this year! Enjoy your Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, What a pretty card! Your watercolor effect is lovely, and your embossing adds just the right amount of glitter and shine. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sparkles Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: