Followers

Tuesday 22 January 2019

…just a little bit of pixie dust


Sharing another little girl card, this time using one of the stamps that came in the December My Monthly Hero kit from Hero Arts.


Went for some lovely shades of pink on this card and the partial die cut technique Jennifer McGuire shared with this kit that caused me to need to buy it!  If you’ve never checked out Jennifer’s blog you really must, she does some beautiful things and is very generous in sharing her techniques via very informative videos.

I’ve followed the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch for my layout.  I used the partially cut fairy and dandelions for the vine element exposing the lovely sparkly pink cardstock that came in the My Monthly Hero Kit I layered under my water colour paper top layer.

Was going to be really good and play the twist at Seize the Birthday but couldn’t help myself and added the chippie for my sentiment.  Love Make it Crafty chippies and this one is a great example of why, the open spaces mean you can layer it over an image without obscuring too much of the image.  And they are cream so colour up beautifully, this one got a dose of glitter embossing powder over the top of some Distress Ink.  I should add I’m not on the Make it Crafty DT or an affiliate or anything, just really love the designs and supporting a fellow Aussie woman.

Over at A Blog Named Hero they’ve got an anything goes challenge on so, as my card features a Hero Arts stamp, matching dies, and cardstock, I’m also linking it up there.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
JudiOKins Embossing Powder ~ Iridescent Sparkle
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Hero Arts ~ 1218C My Monthly Hero Kit December
Embellishments
Make it Crafty Cursive Sentiments ~ Happy Birthday Outline Sentiment
Inks & Paints etc
Atyou Spica Pen ~ Blossom
Jane Davenport Mermaid Marker ~ Meteorite
Sakura Gelly Roll Glitter Pen ~ Stardust Clear
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Embossing, Spun Sugar, Tea Dye & Worn Lipstick
Twinkling H2Os ~ Oyster
Papers
7 Dots Studio The Queen’s Heart ~ I Wanna Be…
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow & Pale Rose
Hero Arts Shimmer Cardstock ~ Breeze
Stamps
Hero Arts ~ 1218C My Monthly Hero Kit December
Challenges
http://www.ablognamedhero.com/2019/01/challenge-crafters-choice/
http://casethissketch.blogspot.com/2019/01/case-this-sketch-305.html

http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com/2019/01/seize-birthday-challenge-157-stamping.html
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty. Love the cute fairy and your coloring looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Karen Bull a design team member from A Blog Named Hero. Love this month's challenge - Crafter's Choice has been so fun! Thank you for playing along this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: