Followers

Saturday 16 March 2019

Farewell has a sweet sound of reluctance


Sharing a CAS card featuring a couple of stamps from the Dandelion Wishes set by Stampin’ Up!.


Needed to make a farewell card for a colleague who is moving interstate.  I actually only received the Dandelion Wishes set in a recent order and I’d picked it up with my Stampin’ Rewards as thought it would be good for all sorts of best wishes cards including farewells.

So I knew I wanted to use this set but wasn’t really sure what to do on my card until I saw the monochromatic challenge at ARTastic.  Combined with the embossing theme at CAS on Friday and I had my design worked out.  I stamped my image in VersaMark ink on a piece of coloured cardstock and embossed with Hero Arts White Satin Pearl embossing powder.  This powder leaves the colour underneath visible but gives a lovely shine.  I did stamp the sentiment in a slightly darker shade of blue grey so it would show up but added in some clear embossing powder to give it some shine and texture too.  Wasn’t sure if I used the White Satin Pearl powder again if it would go back to being a bit too pale to see.

Over at Southern Girls they’re looking for flora or fauna on your projects.  I know they are often just thought of as weeds but dandelions are the most fun flora when you are a kid.  Have to admit I still love blowing on a dandelion even if the adult in me can’t help but think of the extra weeds someone’s going to have to deal with as a result!

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Hero Arts Embossing Powder ~ White Satin Pearl
Ranger Embossing Powder ~ Super Fine Detail Clear
Embellishments
Close To My Heart ~ Bitty Gems
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Weathered Wood
Tsukineko ~ VersaMark
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Balmy Blue
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Such an elegant card, so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. Thank you so much for joining in with ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It says it all. Perfect CAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: