Followers

Wednesday 15 May 2019

…the larger kind we feel for what we give


Sharing a card I made for a colleague featuring a lovely flower die from Penny Black called Glamorous as the focal point instead of my usual stamped image.


I started my card with the sketch over at Sketch Saturday and decided to use another die to cut the circle element and frame my flower.  For the banner element I cut bits off a couple of Make it Crafty chipboards and simply brushed them with some Nuvo shimmer ink.  My flower is cut from watercolour paper and then distress inked so I could play along at the Alphabet Challenge.

I did my sentiment in two shades of purple ink, topping each with some clear embossing powder for a lovely bit of shine and texture.

I kept the background neutral and cut the circle frame out of my white cardstock, popping it up on some foam dots for a bit of added interest.  My embellies are also very minimal to keep the whole design quite CAS.  As that’s the current theme at My Time To Craft, I’m also linking my card up there.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail Clear
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
Make it Crafty Chipboard Flourishes ~ Twinkling Swoosh
Inks & Paints etc
Catherine Pooler Designs Ink ~ Sweet Sixteen
Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Pen ~ Midas Touch
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Dusty Concord, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron & Wilted Violet
Tsukineko VersaFine Clair ~ Fantasia
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bellbird Paperarts Card ~ 210gsm Cotton Blend
Doodlebug Design Inc Hoppy Easter ~ Sunday Dress
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Highland Heather
Stamps
Birch Press Design ~ CL8124 Just Because
Challenges
http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.com/2019/05/week-563-with-bugaboo-stamps.html

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Sketch Saturday Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge. Sian (DT).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: