Followers

Monday 10 June 2019

…fuerte y formal


Sharing a card I made for a colleague who is turning 60 featuring a great sentiment stamp from Impression Obsession called Another Day.


I love this stamp for milestone birthdays post 50 and it’s also perfect for both men and women.  In this case, the gentleman in question hosted a country and western themed party for his birthday over the weekend so that gave me the perfect theme for my card.  I couldn’t find a decent cowboy digi to colour so went with just printing a silhouette of a cowboy in the classic pose of dipping his hat instead.

I’ve based the top of my card on the current sketch at Moving Along With the Times but then turned my card into an easel to make it a little more special given the milestone age.  I kept my colour scheme basic browns and found some awesome plaid designer paper in my Tim stash.  I did the thin rectangular element as a few rows of string so I could play along at Southern Girls and as a nod to a cowboy’s lasso.  Again, my Tim stash came up with the perfect combo of brown and red to match my plaid and add another dash of colour.

To add in my sentiment, I put down four layers of UTEE and then stamped directly into the still melted UTEE in gold ink.  Love this technique and I think it works well with my theme bringing to mind branding and also carved ranch name plates.  I used some Tim fasteners that look like screws in the corner to further suggest a board hanging over the entrance of a ranch.

I then did a 60 in the same technique for the base of the card, using numerals from Tim’s Merchant stamp set.  This time I cut the base using a die in a shape that reminded me of a fancy belt buckle, like the ones you see cowboys wear in the Westerns.  My traditional happy birthday sentiment is a fab chippie from Make it Crafty that I embossed in gold.

Over at Kitty B Aloha Friday they are looking for cards for guys, which this masculine themed card certainly is, so I am linking it up there too.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel ~ Black & Clear
WOW! Embossing Powder ~ Metallic Gold Rich Ultra High
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ S4-31 Labels Eighteen
Embellishments
Make it Crafty Chipboard Single Layered Words ~ 3¾" Birthday & 2" Happy
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Fasteners ~ Mini Fasteners
Inks & Paints etc
Tsukineko Encore! ~ Gold
Tsukineko ~ VersaMark
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Maltball
Core’dinations Cardstock ~ Kraft
Ribbons & Trims etc
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Trimmings ~ Naturals, Red / Cream
Stamps
Impression Obsession ~ IO-D14693 Another Day
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. A fab take on the sketch and thank you so much for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I love the way you have used the sketch it is just brilliant. Thank you for joining us at Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog The theme this time is follow the Sketch. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great take on our sketch and as you say the easel aspect made it special for a milestone birthday. Than k you so much for sharing with us at MAWTT. Christine DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: