Followers

Wednesday 14 August 2019

…but more cake


Sharing a card featuring just the cake from the Curvy Girl Eats Cake set by Stamping Bella.


My layout follows the current sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches where I’ve used a die cut panel from Whimsy Stamps called Peekaboo Window 4 for the main rectangle element.  I turned the windows into shakers and popped the cake into one of them.  My sentiment features part of the included sentiment with the Curvy Girl Eats Cake stamp plus one of the sentiments from the Penguin Poop set by Whimsy Stamps.

Over at Just Us Girls they’re looking for circles on your creations.  I have some die cut ones plus all of the circular sequins on my card so am linking up in their 500th challenge ~ what an amazing effort!  So grateful to have such fun challenges to play along with and such dedicated people to keep them going for so long.

At the Unicorn Challenge you can either load up your card or go CAS.  I’ve chosen the latter, well I think this is CAS, maybe I should have stuck with white on white?  But as you can go either maybe it qualifies no matter what, all I know was that floral paper was too pretty to cover up for all but the background to the shaker elements!

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
Little Things from Lucy’s Cards Lucky Dip ~ Luck o’ the Irish
Inks & Paints etc
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors ~ No. 33 Orange, No. 40 Lemon Yellow, No. 43 Mid Yellow, No. 47 Dark Brown, No. 51 May Green, No. 52 Ocean Green & No. 95 Silver
Tim Holtz Distress Archival Ink ~ Fossilized Amber
VersaFine Clair ~ Green Oasis
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ White
Lawn Fawn Spring Fling ~ Rachel
Stamps
Whimsy Stamps ~ CWSD231 Penguin Poop (Happy Birthday sentiment)
Challenges
http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2019/08/challenge-334-sketch.html

http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/2019/08/just-us-girls-challenge-500-trend-week.html


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Those green sequins are stunning in this fun shaker card! Thanks for joining in at JUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! I like all the little peeps into the shaker. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet shaker card! Love how you interpreted the sketch and great use of the colours. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you know I loooove this card Cakes and Shakers just Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: