Followers

Tuesday 10 December 2019

A farewell is necessary…


Sharing a card with the stunning Transformation stamp from The Ton.


This card is going to a colleague who is leaving work for a new role in another organisation.  She’s never really felt like she fit in at work, despite being super awesome at her job so the image and the sentiment, also from the same set, were the perfect fit for her farewell card.

This stamp is my favourite buy from this year, proof of that being I’ve used it twice in the month since I bought it.  That’s quite the record for me whose NBUS pile is probably as big as the Great Pyramid!  I just love the beauty of the stamp, the imagery of change and the fact you can make it look so different just by how you colour it.  As I’ve used my fav stamp I’m linking my card up at Krafty Chicks for their year-end challenge.

I’ve gone with all my rainbow colours so I can also play along at The Rainbow Card where they’re ending the year with a rainbow challenge.  Between my image and designer paper I think I’ve got every colour covered except red, it just seemed a bit too harsh so I stuck to dark pinks instead.

Over at The Flower Challenge they want to see you use a die.  I’ve used mine to frame my butterfly, although I did some judicious fussy cutting around the stamped image to make it fit.  The next size up of the frames was too big, covering too much of the pretty DP for my liking.  But I also think having the image spill over the frame adds a really cool look to the card.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail White
Dies, Stencils & Templates
Paper Rose ~ 16739 Scalloped Square Frames
Inks & Paints etc
Jane Davenport Mermaid Marker ~ Falling Star
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Water Colours ~ No. 20 Black, No. 34 Dark Pink, N0. 44 Light Brown, No. 51 May Green, No. 52 Ocean Green, No. 58 Ever Green & No. 139 Purple
Nuvo Glitter Brush Pen ~ Midas Touch
Tsukineko Ink ~ VersaMark
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ Petal
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Blueberry Pie
Bellbird Paperarts Cardstock ~ 210gsm Cotton Blend
Close To My Heart Cardstock ~ White Daisy
Hero Arts Hero Hues Cardstock ~ Pitch Black
Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics ~ 3rd March
Stamps
Challenges
http://theflowerchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-flower-challenge-39-use-die.html


http://rainbowcardchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/12/challenge-12-royal-rainbow-dt-call.html

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful farewell card, Emily! I love that you fussy cut some parts of the butterfly to show it over the frame! Very nice touch!
    Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily, what a stunning creation your card is. I adore this amazing stamp and your colouring of the butterfly and flowers. How amazing it looks.
    Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that stamp is a beauty! Gorgeous coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, which I'm sure brought joy. Thanks for joining us at the Rainbow Card Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Em DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the awesome coloring. Great to see you in our gallery and hope you will join us again soon! Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. Please do visit my blog Paint Paper Scissors for more inspiration.
    Nandini – Design Team member, Rainbow Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: