Followers

Saturday 21 July 2012

Jumping in puddles

This cute little card was made following a sketch over at the Some Odd Girl Blog.




I used SOG’s Puddle Hopping Tia, she’s a digi stamp and I coloured her with my Copics. I don’t know if red, pink and yellow all go together but it’s the sort of colour combination my nieces would put together in an outfit for themselves! I added some Smooch Glitz to her umbrella and the water puddle and then went over the umbrella and just the splashes with Liquid Glass to give them shine.

The papers are from a Little Yellow Bicycle pad, it’s called Hello Spring! and I thought the words fitted with Tia, who’s clearly having a ball, and all things fun that kids do. I loved the butterflies on the second piece, although I’m not sure they’d be out in the rain! But I decided to add some more anyway with tiny stickers going up from the two printed on the foreground paper.

The row of butterflies in pink are a Martha Stewart pop-up edge punch, I used it twice to get the double row. I cut them from white card and inked them with Distressed Ink Pink Raspberry, one of Tim Holtz’s Summer Seasonal colours. I put some Smooch Glitz on the pop-up ones and folded their wings up to really make them pop off the page.

I think the card turned out really cute and I will give her to one of my nieces for her birthday. I’m also feeling brave enough to enter another challenge so will enter this over at the SOG blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Great card, and your coloring is fabulous. I love the card and so will your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this is super cute - love your fun and bright colors! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: