Followers

Sunday 18 August 2013

Upping the Ante


This card is for a friend’s birthday and it features Gwendolyn from the Steampunk Romance collection at Simply B Stamps.  You can’t see her from the front of the card though, that features a heart I embossed.





You can’t even see her from the middle of the card.  A stack of poker chips was impossible to find as a digi stamp so I opted for a clip art image.  I customised it by adding my friend’s initials and a 40 to the top chip, as this is for his 40th birthday.






It’s only when you get to the centre that you finally get to see Gwendolyn in all her black goodness.






I picked my theme based on my friend’s interests so I really needed a Queen of Spades (or King of Spades for that matter) image but I couldn’t find one, at least not one that anyone was selling as a digi.  So I decided to make my own, which is the awesome thing about digi stamps, you can play with them.  In this case I cropped Gwendolyn then copied and flipped the cropped image and merged the two together.  The balloon she was holding was actually a heart but I just flipped that too to create a spade instead.


The title of my post refers to the fact I made a card with similar theme for him last year but it was no where near as good as this one and hopefully next year’s will be even better still!

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E11 cheeks)
Eyes
Lips R37, R46
Hair, Dress, Spades T2, T3, T4, T5, T6, T8, T10, 100
Dies
Spellbinders Nestabilities 5x7 Matting Basics
Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Hearts
Inks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Powder – Black
Smooch Cherry Ice
Papers
BoBunny Anthem – Sovereign
Graphic 45 Renaissance Faire – Florentine
Stamps
Challenges




Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card. Great work. Thank you for playing along with us at Pattie's Creations Challenge.

    Carolyn
    PCDC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: