Followers

Sunday 13 April 2014

…a very bright, very special woman


I have a shabbylicious card to share today featuring the simply gorgeous Perfect Curls Betty from the new Betty’s Boudoir collection at Simply B Stamps.


This beautiful image started out as a freebie on the Simply B Stamps’ Fan Page but was so popular and so fabulous that she had to have some friends and her own line and I couldn’t resist colouring her up.  Those lush curls and sexy dress brought to mind Julia Roberts in that red dress in Pretty Woman so that’s how I’ve coloured Betty up.

I’ve placed her on a decadently layered card following the latest sketch at Sketch N’ Dies.  The papers are from Authentique’s Audrey inspired Classique Elegant collection, the perfect match for Betty.  The original sketch only had the flower element but I just had to use my Marianne Designs’ Vintage Parasol die and I just had to shabby chic that up a bit with some Fran-tage.  And of course I had to have some lace.

I’ve followed the recipe over at Desert Island Crafters to do up my card, I’ve got a die cut, two actually, there’s also an oval Nestie hiding in the background, heat embossing with my Fran-tage and lots of lovely distressing.  I've got my digi and my flowers so I am also entering this card in the current challenge at Digi Galore.
Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E23, E27, 0
Lips R22, R24, R29
Hair E08, E11, E18, E95, YR14
Dress R22, R24, R29, R46, R59
Seat B24, B28, B29, B39
Mirror BG000, C00, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28
Chalks & Powders etc
Fran-tage Embossing Enamel ~ Shabby Blue
Pebbles Chalk Basic ~ Turquoise
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Marianne Design CreaTables ~ Vintage Parasol
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Grand Decorative Ovals
Embellishments
Mulberry Flowers from stash
Metal Fleur de lys from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Black Soot, Tea Dye & Walnut Stain
Papers
Authentique Classique Elegant ~ Three, Seven, Nine, Ten & Eleven
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Liquorice
Ribbons & Trims etc
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. this is such a beautiful card with that adorable Betty image! I wish I had paid attention when it was a freebie.... oh well. will have to take a look in the store, 'cause she is fabulous - just like your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card. Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful and very well colouring thanks for joining us at sketch 'n dies and hope to see you next time

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi,

    Wonderful card. Love the stamp you used.

    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, sweet image, wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Dies. I hope you get to join us again for our next sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: