Followers

Sunday 26 April 2015

Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person…



…guess that means I’m an alien

It’s my nephew’s birthday shortly and, as he loves his footie, I’ve made a card using Just Ink Lined’s Rugby Six Nations.


Now technically rugby isn’t the same as league (OK, so more than technically) but I couldn’t find a league digi nor could I find a player digi, there was a sweet rubber stamp of a boy diving for the line (again I think it was a rugby player) but I didn’t have the time for it to make it here from the UK.  So I just went with this one figuring that the boots and the ball are fairly similar, so says this self-confessed football ignoramus!

My nephew plays in his local club, the Narromine Jets, so I went with their colours and also printed out and fussy cut their logo and adhered it over the 6 nations that was printed on the ball.  I’m so ignorant of all things footie I actually had to look up what you call the thingie the ball sits on when they go to kick it!  Despite all this I think my card turned out quite nicely.

The layout is from the current sketch over at Sketch Saturday, which was nice and CAS and allowed me to layer up the yellow, orange and red that are the Jets’ colours.  I didn’t have any black tape so I used some tape measure one as I do know the field is marked out at various points and the commentators are always talking about the such and such metre line.  The Tim Holtz Typed Tokens’ set had just the perfect word for this card ‘play’ and I used a Star Fastener, also from Tim Holtz, to attach it as a nod to the way we speak of sports stars.

Over at Cardz 4 Guyz they are looking for football crazy themed cards, I’ve certainly got that covered with this card so I am entering it over there.  At Inkspirational their challenge features the word prompt ‘space’, something the card layout I chose allows a lot of, not to mention all that space on a footie field they have to measure out in metres so I am also entering my card in their challenge.

Ingredients:
Copics
Ball R 27, R29, R46, R59, Y02, Y06, Y08, Y19, YR07, YR09, YR14, YR16
Boots N5, N7, N9, R 27, R29, R46, R59, W5, W7, W9, Y02, Y06, Y08, Y19, YR07, YR09, YR14, YR16, 100
Grass G05, G16, G19, G28
Kicking Tee T5, T7, T9, 100
Embellishments
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Fasteners ~ Star Fasteners
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Findings ~ Typed Tokens
Papers
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ Sunbeam
Bazzill Orange Peel Cardstock ~ Orange Juice
Bazzill Smoothies Cardstock ~ Cherry Splash
Ribbons & Trims etc
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paperie ~ Tissue Tape Laboratorie
Stamps
Challenges
 
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Bright, bold and beautifully coloured in - I absolutely love that you put that logo on the ball - that's what makes giving a handmade card so special.
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your nephew will appreciate that you've made something that is special to him. The layout for Sketch Saturday's challenge works perfectly for this and I love the elements you chose to pair with your images. Thanks for joining us with this weeks sketch and we look forward to seeing some more entries. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, a true representation for Football Crazy, your colouring technique is fabulous, your nephew will surely love this special card. So pleased you shared with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really great card, I'm sure your Nephew will appreciate it. Fab colouring of the image and the club logo and colours were a brilliant touch.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz4Guyz this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great make, Emily - thanx for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz this time.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - love the CAS layout.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: