Followers

Wednesday 13 January 2016

You know, I've been thinking about time travel again



I’m sharing a tag today, my first for Tim Holtz’s 12 Tags of 2016.


Now last year I played along with a few of Tim’s tags and for the most part looked to recreate his tags.  This year Tim has mixed it up a bit and is doing a focus on techniques he’s calling his technique remix.  So with that in mind I am going to try to take the technique/s he showcases and then make my own design with it.  I am also playing along with a crafty friend, come December when we each have our 12 tags completed we are going to box them up and ship to each other as our Christmas present.

So with that in mind, I set about applying the two techniques Tim used on January’s tag; industrious metal and chalkboard, to a design my friend would like.  Given this is the first tag of the year I thought a theme based on moments and memories would be ideal and I had just the hoarded stash for it; my Idea-ology Pocket Watch.  It’s been in my stash for a few years waiting for the perfect project, the something special for someone special who would appreciate it and this tag, this crafty adventure I’m going on with my friend was just that special thing.

Now I started planning around the Pocket Watch and thinking about time flying and I was wondering if I had some wing stamps when I got thrown a bit of a curve ball in a note on some crafty stash I ordered.  That stash was the Prima Typo Zippers I bought from Paperbark Crafts; now Kerry has gone above and beyond on service so when she asked to see what I create with the zippers I felt I needed to use them on a project quick smart.  Which then lead me to fabric and the fabric of time, so rather than a tear in the fabric I have a neat zippered opening, thanks to the Marianne die I’ve also been hoarding in my collection.

So now I had my industrious metal element and I had neatly reversed the techniques, my industrious metal was my focal and that left the chalkboard for the background.  Thing was I had no appropriate stamps; no matter, let’s try it with a stencil I thought and, what do you know?, it worked a treat.  I did learn that if you use Pebbles Chalk it tends to adhere everywhere to your cardstock and you have to go and erase the bits you don’t want but I didn’t have school chalk and the shop I went to only had pack of coloured stuff.  Still, I think the chalkboard effect is there and I love my clock background.

To make my “tear” I sanded back some Core’dinations Black Magic cardstock to reveal the layer of blue and spritzed with Perfect Pearls Mist in Perfect Pearls.  Kind of starry-universey-type of a background like I imagine you’d find if you poked a hole in time.  I did the industrious technique on the zipper die with an added step of Antiqued Bronze paint to match the colour of the Typo Zipper but stuck to the technique for the inside of my pocket watch.  Finished off with an appropriate Word Band and I am really pleased with how my tag came out.

Over at Just Us Girls their trend week is metals and metallic.  My card features both with a metallic effect through the industrious metal and also metal in my embellies so I am entering my tag in their challenge.

The current theme at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is stencils.  As I have created my background using a stencil I am also linking my tag up there.

Ingredients:
Copics
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Marianne Design Die ~ CR1260 Zipper
Spellbinders Nestabilities Die ~ S4-116 Standard Circles Small
Tim Holtz Alterations Texture Fades ~ Gears
Embellishments
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Game Spinners, Mini Gears, Pocket Watch, Regions Beyond Brads & Word Bands
Inks & Paints etc
Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist ~ Perfect Pearl
Tim Holtz Distress Paint ~ Antiqued Bronze & Black Soot
Papers
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. What a super tag and great job showcasing some Tim Holtz! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag Emily. So much fabulous metal and techniques here. I'm sure Tim would love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Just us Girls th is week. So nice to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tag, love your version especially the clock at the centre! Thanks for sharing with us at Simon SAys Stamp Monday Challenge blog! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your great version of Tim's tag! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for this! Fantastic tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: