Followers

Wednesday 17 April 2019

On one’s back they are a heavy weight


Sharing a card featuring the sweet Tiny Townie Bess the Butterfly from Stamping Bella.


I made this card for my Mum, who’s off to a first birthday party, so I left off fussy embellies in case anything fell off and became a chocking hazard.  Instead I used the elements from the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch to add interest by using multiple layers.  For the thin rectangle element, I added some butterflies using a stencil and Nuvo Mousse so I could play along at CAS Stencil.  I think Nuvo Mousse is like texture paste or gel, at least I hope it’s considered the same kind of thing!

I did add one embellie, my sentiment chippie from Make it Crafty.  Apart from loving these beyond all other chippies in the world I wanted to also play at Shopping Our Stash.  I heat embossed the chippie in an embossing powder that matched the Nuvo Mousse I used for my butterflies to tie the whole card together.

It’s a bit of a pink explosion but I think still a sweet card for a little girl and Mum is more than happy with it, and it’s always good to keep your Mum happy!

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Pearl ~ Copper
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Magenta Stencil ~ TM28 Nature Elements
Embellishments
Make it Crafty Chipboard Cursive Sentiments ~ Birthday Wishes
Inks & Paints etc
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse ~ Fresh Copper
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Black Soot, Mowed Lawn, Spun Sugar, Tea Dye, Tumbled Glass & Worn Lipstick
Twinkling H2Os ~ Mocha Rose & Rose Petal
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Classic Cardstock ~ White
Bazzill Fourz Cardstock ~ Piglet
Echo Park Alice in Wonderland ~ Daydream & Journaling Cards
Tim Holtz Distress ~ Watercolor Cardstock
Stamps
Challenges
http://casethissketch.blogspot.com/2019/04/case-this-sketch-317.html
https://casstencil.blogspot.com/2019/04/april-cas-stencil-challenge.html


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet fairy and I love that you chose Copper Mousse for your butterflies! Beautiful card, Emily! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little butterfly fairy Emily- and lovely panel of paste embossed fluttering butterflies! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, lovely embossed panel, and what a great reminder to be wary of embellies that might cause issues on children's cards, thankyou for playing along at CAS Stencil, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job of layering! Your image is adorable and you did a great job of coloring. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty! Thank you for sharing it with us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: