Followers

Saturday 10 August 2019

When the peonies bloomed…


Sharing a pretty CAS card I’ve done for a friend’s birthday using a stamp from the Birthday Blooms set from Stampin’ Up!.


For my layout I’ve used the sketch over at TGIF.  It was a good one as it allowed me to cut my flower from the piece of water colour that wasn’t big enough for a card front, without actually having to fussy cut it, which I was dreading doing.  Then there’s the gems they so clearly wanted me to add to this, always love any excuse for some and even better when the placement is given to you, I don’t do that random placement thing very well on my own!

Over at As You Like It they want to see your fav flower and hear why you like.  I’m not really sure what flower this is but it kinda looks like a peony and really, I’m a sucker for anything that looks like this kind of flower.  I have heaps of stamps with variants of this kind so guessing it must be a favourite, at least in stamps and crafting!

Flowers also happen to be the topping over at Seize the Birthday, so I’m also entering my card in their current challenge.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger UTEE ~ Clear
Embellishments
Make it Crafty Chipboard Cursive Sentiments ~ Happy Birthday
Purple Gems from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Water Colors ~ No. 43 Mid Yellow, No. 52 Ocean Green & No. 139 Purple
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Milled Lavender
Papers
Arches Water Colour Paper
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ White
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Gorgeous Grape & Purple Posey
Stamps
Stampin’ Up! ~ 140658 Birthday Blooms (retired)
Challenges

http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.com/2019/08/seize-birthday-171-flowers.htmlFlowers

http://tgifchallenges.blogspot.com/2019/08/tgifc224-sketch-challenge.html

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, your flower is exquisite!!! It's colored to perfection! Really beautiful card. Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple flowers are gorgeously colored! I think they are peonies, one of my favorite flowers too :)!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just STUNNING love your colouring and the colours are Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: