Followers

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Bewitching


Here is a fun card I made back in May with my first lot of Simply B Stamps.  This is Witchy Boo Betty (retired), isn’t she cute?


I did this one for another Raq’s challenge over on the Cricut MB where the theme was Halloween.  We don’t celebrate Halloween here in Australia much, although there’s more and more stuff in the shops each year, and I don’t really like spooky things or creepy crawlies but somehow I seem to have three Halloween themed carts, a Cuttlebug embossing folder or two or maybe even five and I’m sure I’ve got some Halloween themed paper in my stack.

I coloured Betty with Copics and added Liquid Glass just to her hair and Stickles to the stars on her outfit to make them pop.  I didn’t have a background paper I liked so I coloured that with Copics too and then added some shine with Smooch Spritz.

I cut the tombstones and sentiment from the Happy Hauntings cart.

Although this was one of my early cards I am still really pleased with how it turned out.  I found this Betty really easy to colour, although I did look at pictures of ones others had coloured to help.  Shading is still something I am working on.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card, love all the details and your coloring is great

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: