Followers

Sunday 7 December 2014

Sukhāsana



A friend at work is having a birthday and when I saw the lovely Yoga Pose Juno from Paola’s Papers I instantly thought of her so it seemed fitting to make a card for her featuring this image.


I wanted it to look like Juno was almost floating in the air so I’ve placed her on some clear plastic and framed that with a Nestie.  To make up my card I’ve followed the current sketch over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 twice as I’ve made an easel card.  On the top part of my card I omitted the rectangular element, basically to give me the clear background and the floating effect.  On the bottom part of the card I flipped the sketch so the rectangular and oval elements were in a landscape rather than portrait orientation.  On both the top and bottom I added a second embellie to give some balance and mostly to fill the extra space I had on the top from moving the oval element high enough to create the floating effect.

I was umming and ahhing about the colours to do this, I hadn’t coloured up Juno’s outfit before I started the card base (something quite unusual for me) but luckily Deep Ocean is having a colour challenge and it is brown and blue (hopefully obvious from my card).  These seemed the perfect colours for the serene feel I was going for so I raided my paper stash and found some lovely subtly patterned blues and browns.

I did want to make this just that little bit more special so I figured some bling to help fill the space on the top half was called for.  Fortunately I had some Chocolate Jewels in my stash that fit perfectly.  With my bit of bling I am also entering this in the current challenge at Crafting Musketeers.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Lips R24, R29, R46
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit B23, B24, B37, B39, B41
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Grand Decorative Ovals
Embellishments
BoBunny Jewels ~ Chocolate
Kaisercraft Rub-ons ~ Enchanted Garden
The Paper Studio Spare Parts ~ Printed Kraft Flowers
Inks & Paints etc
Spica ~ Sky Blue
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Vintage Photo & Weathered Wood
Papers
Bazzill Cardstock ~ Java & Typhon
Lili of the Valley ~ Country Gent & Country Lady
Ribbons & Trims etc
BoBunny Lace ~ Natural Earth
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning!! It does look like your image is floating. How fabulous. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how it looks like the image is floating! Perfect for this image. I like the blue and brown colors too! Thanks for sharing this with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily this is an amazing card, I just love love love how it looks with the image floating in the air. This is the most perfect image for your friend she will love it. Great embellishments totally perfect finishing touches to a lovely card. Great card and thanks so much for showcasing your talent with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2~DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful , thank you for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: