Followers

Thursday 26 October 2017

So that’s what you dream about, becoming a monster?



I have my second Hallowe’en card to share today featuring Halloween 20 from Morgan Fitzsimmons.


Over at the Morgan’s Artworld FB page they are running a Hallowe’en colouring contest and you can select a few of Morgan’s images for free to play along. So when I saw the current theme at AAA Cards was to be inspired by a film I had to pick this image.  Hopefully the background goes to helping pick this card was inspired by the Twilight films.  I used Kristen Stewart, who played the lead Bella Swan, as my model in colouring up the image in watercolours.

The movies are a bit old now but I am sure there were a few teenage trick or treaters and even adult Hallowe’en party goers who dressed up as Bella in years gone by.  So I’m also entering my card in the current Let’s Play Dress Up! challenge at Cards in Envy, the few gem embellies I have used are quite tiny so this card still easily goes into a regular envelope for mailing.


The whole idea of a vampire entering your bedroom at night and waiting you while you sleep is the stuff of nightmares.  So apart from Bella (think back to the first Twilight movie) most people would call vampires a monster, making my card a fit for the challenge over at Stinkin’ Inkers.

Ingredients:
Embellishments
Tim Holtz Distress Clipping Stickers ~ Halloween
Inks & Paints etc
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolours ~ No 35 Carmine Red, No 36 Wine Red, No 46 Brown, No 47 Dark Brown, No 52 Ocean Green, No 54 Olive Green & No 58 Ever Green
Prismacolor Pencils ~ PC924 Crimson Red & PC925 Crimson Lake
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Black Soot, Blueprint Sketch, Shaded Lilac & Wilted Violet
Papers
Stamps
Morgan Fitzsimmons ~ Halloween 20
Challenges
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Well done. Beautifully colored image and love the added gems. Thanks for joining the Stinkin' Inkers challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully coloured card, Emily! Love the background as well. I haven't seen the Twilight movies at all but from what I know of them, this is a great representation! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, beautiful coloring! thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, and great coloring job! Thanks for joining us at Stinkin' Inkers!

    ~Ashley
    Stinkin' Inkers DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring on your card. Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: