Followers

Monday 23 October 2017

You are a pumpkin



Finally got to making my first Hallowe’en card of the season, this one features a die cut, Layered Jack-o-Lantern, and stamp, from the Pumpkinhead set, both by Tim Holtz.


I followed Linda’s sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches for my card.  I used my two pumpkins for the circle elements and my chippies and Nuvo drops for the horizontal element.  I really needed a third BOO! chippie to finish off my line but only had one in each size so I’m going with one boo per pumpkin and that’s why there’s only two.

I made both the pumpkins from watercolour paper.  The die cut I coloured after cutting each of the pieces and then layered them up with foam tape to add dimension.  The stamped image was double stamped, in black ink and then embossing so I could add clear embossing powder and make the lines really pop.  I coloured it with my Distress Markers, which I also used to colour the chippies before I topped them with clear embossing powder too.

For a bit more interest to the background I spritzed the black cardstock with Perfect Pearls Mist so it’s lovely and shiny.  I stuck to a very traditional Hallowe’en palette for this card and as it is rather dark I think it will work well for one of the two male cards I need this Hallowe’en.  With its masculine feel I am entering it in the current Cardz 4 Guys challenge.

As I also have a couple of pumpkins on my card I am also entering it at City Crafter for their current challenge.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments

Inks & Paints etc
Ranger Perfect Pearls Mists ~ Perfect Pearls
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Black Soot, Carved Pumpkin, Embossing, Fossilized Amber, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Ripe Persimmon, Rusty Hinge & Wild Honey
Tim Holtz Distress Markers ~ Black Soot, Forest Moss, Carved Pumpkin, Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint & Rusty Hinge
Papers
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. This is so much fun! I love your pumpkins! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, I can just picture all the lovely texture with the embossing and nuvos. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That background is fabulous! And I love the fun way you've used the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Halloween card! Such fantastic pumpkins! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fun! Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: