Followers

Friday 12 October 2018

…friendship is the breathing rose…


Sharing a CAS card using a lovely stamp from the You are Here set from Concord & 9th.


I used the current sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches for the layout of my card.  For my non-geometric shape, I used the floral heart stamp, which I heat embossed and fussy cut before popping up on some foam tape.  For the rectangular element in the background I stencilled some diamonds so I could play along at Addicted to CAS.  I used a brush to do my stencilling and deliberately went heavier in some parts so there wasn’t a flat colour.

To colour my flowers, I used a water brush and some Distress Inks, as the current challenge theme at Back to Basics and Beyond is watercolours.  To finish off my card I coloured up a chippie in the same Shaded Lilac as I used for my stencilling, even though they don’t at all look the same colour in the photo.  For the top layer of the ‘birthday’ I used the same embossing powder as I did the flower in and added a layer of glittery clear embossing powder on the ‘wishes’ for a bit of added shine.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Hero Arts Embossing Powder ~ White Satin Pearl
Bellbird Paperarts Embossing Powder ~ Clear Sparkle
Ranger Embossing Powder ~ Super Fine Detail Clear
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Mini Layering Stencils ~ THM016 Harlequin
Embellishments
Make it Crafty Chipboard Adapt-a-Word ~ Birthday
Make it Crafty Chipboard Single Layered Words ~ 3" Birthday
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac, Spun Sugar & Twisted Citron
Tsukineko ~ VersaMark
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~
Bellbird Paperarts ~ 210gsm Cotton Blend Card
Stamps
Concord & 9th ~ 10175 You are Here (retired)
Challenges
http://addictedtocas.blogspot.com/2018/09/addicted-to-cas-challenge-146.html
http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2018/10/challenge-293-sketch.html

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful watercolour image and card
    Thank you for joining us at BBB
    Margaret DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful card, your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining BBB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card.. I really like the soft stenciled background. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stamp is so pretty, with the flowers arranged in a heart shape! You've done a lovely job watercoloring it. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: