Followers

Sunday 23 September 2018

…a part of the soul that is visible to others

Sharing a rather elegant card featuring stamps and dies from Concord & 9th, their So Happy For You stamp set and Floral Hoop die set.


I’ve followed the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches for my layout, just adding in the hoop of flowers to give it a focal point.  I went with the black, white and copper colour scheme to play at CAS on Friday.  For interest, and so I could also enter my card at Back to Basics, I did the black background in alcohol inks.

I also alcohol inked some more Yupo in copper to die cut the thin foliage die from the Floral Hoop set.  I then stamped some of the flowers and heat embossed them before die cutting with the matching dies.  For the leaves I did some alcohol lift-inking off the left over from the black background, which gave me another different black. 

For my sentiment I added embossing powder to some of my fav chippies from Make it Crafty.  A strip of the copper inked Yupo provided the last thin rectangular element of the sketch and finished off the card nicely.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Bellbird Paperarts Embossing Powder ~ Ultra Fine Copper
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail White
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
Make it Crafty Chipboard Adapt-a-Words ~ Birthday
Make it Crafty Chipboard Single Layered Words ~ 2" Celebrate
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink ~ Copper Mixative, Pearl Mixative, Pitch Black, Slate & Snow Cap
Tim Holtz Ink ~ Lift-Ink
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Black
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Black & White
Yupo ~ 200gsm White
Stamps
Challenges
http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/2018/09/freshly-made-sketches-355-sketch-by-kim.html

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I’m not sure I have seen a black alcohol ink background, it does add so much texture. Lovely job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your alcohol-inked background looks fabulous! Wonderful and elegant card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pretty arrangement of flowers!
    Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Emily, what a stunning card, the black inky background is amazingly, love the florals and their colours are quite beautiful, it's a wonderful design. Thank you for joining the challenge at BBB and good luck, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Emily!
    Thanks for joining us at Cas on Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: