Followers

Sunday 16 September 2018

…an active alchemy


Sharing a birthday card featuring a lovely digi from Make it Crafty called Chelsea Hugging Legs, gotta love us Aussies for our (un)imaginative names!


To create my card, I’ve followed the sketch over at Creative Friday, I just enlarged the square element to fit my digi.  Used a chippie from Uniquely Creative I picked up at the recent Paperific Show to add my sentiment. 

Unfortunately, in this set a couple of words were missing the dots for their i and ‘wish’ was one of them.  Luckily, I was planning on playing along at CAS-ual Fridays for their current sequin challenge so I just used one for the dot.  Added a trio of larger ones as the only other embellie on this card to keep the focus on the pretty image.

Over at Simply Create Too they’re looking for stitching and I’ve gone for some of the faux kind.  I cut my image using a stitched square die from Simon Says Stamp! and then cut it again from my top cardstock and used the negative space.  This is an awesome set of dies as they have stitching on both sides of the cut.  To add a bit of dimension I popped the image up on some foam tape.  Love how a bit of stitching can add interest to an otherwise CAS design.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E30, E31, E35, 0
Lips E04, R56, R59
Hair E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit BG10, BG11, BG32, BG34, B49, C6, C8, C10, W0, W2, W4, W6, W8, W10, 100
Chalks & Powders etc
Bellbird Paperarts Embossing Powder ~ Clear Sparkle
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Simon Says Stamp! Dies ~ SSSD111454 Stitched Squares
Embellishments
Little Things from Lucy’s Cards Shaker Selection ~ Caribbean Dream
Uniquely Creative Chipboard ~ Words
Inks & Paints etc
Copic Multiliner ~ 0.1 Black
Molotow Paint Pen ~ Signal White
Prismacolor Pencils ~ 925 Crimson Lake
Spica Pen ~ Silver & Turquoise
Tim Holtz Distress Markers ~ Peacock Feathers
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Vibrant Teal
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ White
Stamps
Challenges
http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com/2018/09/cfc-208-use-those-sequins.html

https://creativefriday.blogspot.com/2018/09/creative-friday-214-sketch.html

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coloring and beautiful card! I hardly ever use the dots in my word dies...lol! Too hard to keep track of them! Love that you used a sequin for yours! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..absolutely georgeous! thanks for joining Creative Friday! Hugs Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty,beautiful coloring! The sequin for the dot is so cool. Thank you for joining us at CAS-ual fridays with your sequins. Hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joing us over on the Simply Create Too Blog. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card!Thanks for joining us at creative friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the image... lovely card.
    Thanks for joining in our Creative Friday Challenge.
    Bye Scarlett

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: