Followers

Thursday 13 September 2018

A man can’t retire his experience


Sharing a quick card I made for someone retiring from work featuring a bit of embossing and a sentiment from a retired Kraftin’ Kimmie set.


I’ve used the current sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches for my layout.  I created the circle element using one of Tim’s Embossing Diffusers and one of his Texture Fades.  I was really struggling for ideas for this card but clocks and time always seem a good idea for retirements and you can’t help but love Tim’s clocks.

My Texture Fade gave me one kind of embossing (dry) and I added the second (wet) through embossing of my sentiment.  So I’ve well and truly covered the theme to enter my card in the current challenge at Crafty Friends.  I realised I didn’t have any retirement sentiments but thought this one from Kraftin’ Kimmie’s Bessie Bus Stop set suited.

For my colour scheme I took inspiration from The Paper Players, where Anne Marie put together a great palette.  I used the Crumb Cake to ink over my embossing and the Blackberry Bliss for my stamping.  Have to say it’s such a dark ink it almost looks like black.  Added the Mint Macaron with my coloured cardstock mat.  My extra colour is silver I have in my embellies, unless you count the base white.  Raided my stash for the embellies with another clock, some game spinners and a brad from Tim’s Idea-ology range.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Powder ~ Super Fine Detail Clear
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Sizzix Alterations Tim Holtz ~ Embossing Diffusers
Sizzix Alterations Tim Holtz Texture Fades ~ Pocket Watches
Embellishments
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Fasteners ~ Dapper
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Findings ~ Game Spinners & Time Pieces
Inks & Paints etc
Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Pad ~ Blackberry Bliss & Crumb Cake
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Mint Macaron
Stamps
Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps ~ Bessie Bus Stop (retired) sentiment
Challenges
http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2018/09/challenge-289-sketch.html
Crafty Friends #92
http://craftyfriendschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2018/09/challenge-92-and-winner-of-challenge-91.html
http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/2018/09/pp409-color-challenge-from-anne-marie.html

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Good use of the sketch! Love the texture you've created around the clock! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily... love your collage! A CAS collage...so fab! You are right the sentiment looks black... thank you for mentioning that it is blackberry. Thank you so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all the details in your collage, while keeping the design clean. Very pretty! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the collage , great take on our sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Love the faded embossing and inking! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I agree that the clocks work well for retirement and this is a wonderful masculine card as well. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello…. You have made a beautiful card…. Thanks for entering it into the ‘Embossing’ challenge at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw and hope you can join us again for our next challenge.
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: