Followers

Tuesday 18 September 2018

…dragons on the wind of morning


Sharing a quick card I made last night featuring the super cute image, Tori the Dragon Up, by Conie Fong.


To put my card together I’ve followed the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch.  The balloons in the image were perfectly placed to use as the three flower elements after flipping the sketch on its side. Wasn’t till I started putting the card together that I realised I should have flipped the image too so the balloons were on the right side!  I was going to partial die cut my image but couldn’t get all the bits to fit into the rectangle die so I fussy cut the image and die cut the rectangle from a piece of G45 paper featuring the words from ‘Twinkle, twinkle, little star’.

To finish off I added in a chippie from Uniquely Creative for the sentiment, which has a lovely glittery sparkle thanks to a coat of embossing powder from Bellbird Paperarts.  Now I have to admit, at the late hour I was making this last night my limited ability to do anything with colours was even more constrained.  So I googled the image and found a wonderful colouring of another of Conie’s dragons from a talented crafted called Nancy, who very kindly gave her colour palette on her blog post.  Love the colour combo she used and the stipple technique in colouring the image so I gladly CASed it on mine.  I’ve given the colours below but do stop by Nancy’s blog and check out all her wonderful work.

There’s a fun challenge I’ve not played at before called Double Trouble and this round they’re asking you to use at least three colours, got more than that so check, and stamped or digital image, got one of them too so that’s a double tick.  They also add in options, like this time where they ask for a punny sentiment.  I couldn’t manage that, well, I suppose I could have but that would have taken more thought than I could muster late last night!  Then they also offer a double dare, this time it’s to also enter the challenge at Brown Sugar following their theme of a creature.  Well, that was too easy given I’ve used my dragon image so I’ve managed two out of three of the challenge themes, pretty happy about that for a first-time entry.

Ingredients:
Copics
Dragon B00, B02, B04, B06, BG0000, BG000, V04, V06, V09, Y02, Y15, Y19, YG03, YG11, YG17
Balloon B24, B28, B39, FYG1, R05, R24, R29, Y02, Y06, Y08, YG01, YG03, G24
Chalks & Powders etc
Bellbird Paperarts Embossing Powder ~ Clear Sparkle
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
My Favorite Things Die-namics ~ MFT-839 Wonky Stitch Rectangle Stax
Embellishments
Uniquely Creative Chipboard ~ Words
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Scattered Straw
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Graphic 45 Mother Goose ~ Patterns & Solids
Mondi Color Copy ~ 250gsm White
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Lemon Lime Twist
Stamps
Challenges
http://casethissketch.blogspot.com/2018/09/case-this-sketch-289.html


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Emily, what an adorable image and fantastic coloring and your interpretation of the sketch turned sideways is just fine where the balloons are. My you came so close to earning another chance at our random draw for Twisted Sister's pun, maybe next time. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Double Trouble and sure hope you follow us for future fun challenges, twists and double dares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card...I love the coloring. Your card was "dragon my mouth into a smile" Thanks so much for joining us at Double Trouble. I hope you'll come and play with us some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card and coloring too!!Thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar Challenge

    Greeshma

    Explosion Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just adorable! I love the bright colors and the way you turned the sentiment. Thank you for joining in at both Brown Sugar and Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful :)Thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar Challenge:)Ines DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: