Followers

Sunday 16 September 2018

…a life-long romance


Sharing a card featuring an image from the now closed Saturated Canary, called Sarah Emily Selfie.


This is going out to one of my nieces who is turning 17, which I find frankly terrifying!  Almost as terrifying is making cards for teenagers, they are up there with male cards on the difficulty scale for me.  But it does help having a stash of images like this one to suit teens of today.  This image was destined to be just right, after all my niece’s name is Sarah and I’m Emily.

For my layout I’m playing along at Freshly Made Sketches.  To create the three vertical elements, I’ve used a die cut, my image and a strip of the cardstock I matted with.  The fabby die from Paper Rose allowed me to add a fun shaker element to my card also while still keeping the whole design CAS.  As I have gone CAS and have a stamp (digi kind) as my focal point I’m also entering this over at Addicted to Stamps and More for their current challenge.

My go to for shaker backgrounds are my alcohol inks and they happen to be the current theme at 4 Crafty Chicks.  Went with shades of blue this time.  Picked up the blue in Sarah Emily’s dress and added in some metallics in shades of gold and pink with my sequins, matching her sandals in a rose gold also.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes G03, G09, 0
Lips E04, R56, R59
Hair E08, E09, E57, YR14, YR23
Outfit B000, B00, B02, B04, B06, RV00, RV11, Y21, Y23, Y26
Phone C0, C2, C4
Chalks & Powders etc
Bellbird Paperarts Embossing Powder ~ Ultra Fine Copper
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Paper Rose Dies ~ 16832 Happy Peek-a-Boo
Embellishments
Make it Crafty Chipboard Single Layered Words ~ 2'' Birthday
Stampin’ Up! Sequins ~ Metallics
Inks & Paints etc
Copic Multiliner ~ 0.1 Black
Molotow Paint Pen ~ Signal White
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink ~ Cloudy Blue, Copper Mixative, Sailboat Blue & Turquoise
Tim Holtz Distress Markers ~ Mermaid Lagoon
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Ocean Breeze & White
Stamps
Saturated Canary ~ Sarah Emily Selfie (retired)
Challenges
http://addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.com/2018/09/challenge-309-clean-and-simple.html
http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/2018/09/freshly-made-sketches-354-sketch-by.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FreshlyMadeSketches+%28Freshly+Made+Sketches%29

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. This card makes me smile.....oh so true these days! And your coloring is amazing! Wow! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely a perfect card for a teen and a clever take on this week's Sketch,too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made SKetches;

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun and creative use of the sketch! I love the big sentiment as a shaker and that charming image! Just perfect for a teenager. (I have two teenage boys - that's a double problem!) Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is cute, love the colors, great job, thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    Leanne DT/4CC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous desgn - I am sure your neice will love it!
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! What a great bday card and colored to perfection!!! Thanks for linking up at ATSM!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: